I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

what a bright time, it's the right time

It's interesting how fast days are flying by.

I just want everything to stop, literally just stop and go slower.

Christmas is the best time of the year and it's almost over already!!

Last year didn't feel like Christmas at all cause there was no snow, this year it's mad snowing outside right now. If the temps stay low maybe some of it will still be around next week.

But probably not enough to go sledding.

We'll see.

Though we're rednecks so our version of sledding is hooking up a sled behind a four wheeler.

Or what you would call an ATV.

Then driving it all over the yard, through the fields, over the pond, over buried cars, etc.

Have some interesting memories from sledding. Remember one time Tweet was driving the 4 wheeler and Alex and I were in the sled, he was in the front, we hit a bump, he fell out - somehow over the front - and I ran him over with the sled. My bad. But not like I could do anything about it we were going that fast.

Another time my brother was driving and he used to have this big black lab that was very excited about cars and stuff so he totally took me out on the sled, didn't even see it coming.

Then I ran Megan into a mailbox.

That was legitimately my bad.

The thing about this one was that the rope was really long and you have to remember that when you turn corners. Gotta remember to turn wide or you'll end up running your third cousin straight into the mailbox.

But she survived so we're good.

Megan and I have been through a lot together - "those are gonna be some weirdass dreams" Camp J Highlights - but somehow our adventures are always highly entertaining.

So worked all day today and it flew by. Am shifting the books on CD cause we're out of space and weeding any more of them would be ridiculous. Anyway, BossLady and I are adding shelves so I got to stand in the broken glass while she climbed over stuff to get the nice looking ones from the backroom of the basement.

It's like a graveyard down there, I should have taken a picture. Piles taller than me full of shelves and edges.

"Like graveyard jenga down here."

Why yes, I do still say that in a Scottish accent. Go here or here or here or here or here but mostly here

Wow, have I really abstained from that saying that phrase for over a year?

"Result!"

I realized you have no idea what I'm talking about. You should all go to your local library and request a copy of Bonekickers. It's fantastic. British CSI meets Indiana Jones. It was so cheesy it was awesome. Though the critics didn't think so which is why it only lasted a few episodes.

After doing that for a few hours it was back to the desk, lunch, checking in holds, then more shifting and desk stuff. Tomorrow will most likely be more of the same.

Christmas Music that Doesn't Suck: Day Six

Slight changes to day six, last year I included Glee's mashup of Deck the Halls and Up on the Rooftop and as much as it doesn't suck I can't post it again as it would kill the whole, same songs different artists thing.

On to the music.

Sleigh Ride - Karmin


Last year's was one of my favorite bands - She and Him - but this year I went with a Nebraska girl. More specifically, college town girl. A quite famous one.

Nice to hear the other half of Karmin in this one - aka her fiance.

I like the new one but it's hard to beat Brokenhearted.

It's just too damn catchy.


Jingle Bell Rock - Chord Overstreet


Because who doesn't want to dance with cheerleaders dressed as reindeer to a choreographed song about dancing bells in the middle of a library?

I'm so far behind but Glee-Loving Boss - for the 2 seconds that I saw him when I was at the home branch - said I need to watch the Xmas episode. I don't even know who's in it anymore aside from Blaine cause of the Hopelessly Devoted to You video I ran across earlier. Go here: There's no where to hide since you pushed my love aside


You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - VersaEmerge (acoustic version)


The girl is pretty good but dude, that guy's got a voice.

Was not expecting that at all. Might have to look into them further.


For last year's day six go here


with arsenic sauce.

Legitimate pre-midnight post. Holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment