I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Our drinking team has a golfing problem

Seriously. One of the best sporting days ever. On my day off even, huzzah! 2G rocked it. Didn't finish last - we smoked them - but didn't finish first either. I think we ended with like a 76 which is about 6 over - awesome for people who don't play golf - except pastor our ringer.

"I've had marriages shorter than that story" yaya Jack, I'm moving on.

-Basically, this morning got to sleep in, yay!
-Picked up my sister-in-law's extra clubs cause she's awesome and lets us borrow them
-Met up and carpooled to the course
-Did I mention our matching orange t-shirts? They're like neon orange. The neon of all neons with 2G on the front and our nicknames on the back. "Choot 'em Lizbet!"
-Discussed NFL cheerleaders on the ride there and the name of the Greey Bay Packer ones, "Because when I think of cheerleaders I think of the Golden Girls."
-"I’ll google it." my smartphone had a lot of random searches today.
-Arby's for lunch. What if you’re in a bad mood? Does that mean you can’t eat it?
-And of course talked camp stuff for next year, possible Zombie camp theme – dead in sin alive in Christ, for the skits I'll just make them dance to Thriller
-Got there, registered, enjoyed beverages, jammed with Heidie at the desk
-Started on hole 1, they spread us out but we got stuck between a slower group and fast group so we let the fast group pass us. It was a lot of waiting and all that. But worth it. We looked awesome in our shirts. This way you could hear and see us coming. No excuse for us to get hit with a ball. Unless you were aiming specifically for us. But we're loud. Super loud. It's frowned upon if there is no woohoo in your backswing. and JANSEN!! was also another fun one to yell.
-Lost my orange ball at the same hole I lost my ball last year and it was the same situation. I swung and didn't see where it went. And neither did they. Same thing as last year. No idea where it went. I'm just that fast apparently. It's all a blur. Speaking of blurs,
-Drink cart people love us. There were multiple involved. We put together a beer fund this year, well, everyone threw in some many in like a what do you call it, like a collection or a beer...there's a word for it. I can't remember, I'm tired. But yeah, contribution to the beer...stash? No. Anyway, I'll think of it later, but anyway, yeah they make these black cherry mike's now that are fantastic. Jim kept calling them blueberry so we changed the name to kickass berry. Because it rocked.
-We were all pretty giggly by the time the thing was over...some of us more than others, and no it wasn't me. little bit giggly lot a bit sweary, moving on.
-It was a success. I mean I was only thrown out of the cart once. And it was pretty early on so I walked it off. Last year I fell out try to save a club, this year I was crouched down leaning to get a ball on the way to the next hole and she turned after I missed it. Think I flew a few feet. Like flew, there was no sudden drop. Flailed more like it. And landed on the tee in my pocket. That was comfortable.

Beer pot? I guess none of us really had beer. Well, a landshark. Whatever that is and a bunch of Mike's. But we're all home and safe and all that. "Ha, result!" - Bonekickers, haven't quoted that one in a while. "It's like graveyard jenga down here."

Gonna crash now, oh forgot, I had my ipod and we played music in our carts. Started with Lady Gaga, then Rihanna and Ke$ha and put it on shuffle from there. Loved jamming to Pokerface while I tee'd off.

Song of the day because it played on my way to town and on my way back from town. Shuffle man.

"Find my Way" Gabe Dixon Band




oh and then came home to watch the episode of The Closer that I missed. Sheer awesomeness.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment