I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Stuck in the Middle With You

Why would anyone put a needle in a stack of hay anyway?

NCIS Season 8 - fantastic! Scale of Awesome says 10/10 and I'm only one disc in - of course I've already seen the whole thing but that's not the point. It's got great storylines - cases that haven't already been used by other crime shows - fantastic characters - Gibbs, Ziva, Kate, Tony, McGee, Abby, Ducky even Palmer everyone of them is unique with their own quirks - even excellent sets - this show is pure awesomeness on air. I highly suggest you check it out Tuesday nights on CBS, or pick up one of the seasons on DVD at the library.


Speaking of the library - had a big day at ours today. There was this big ribbon-cutting ceremony thing with speeches and all that - even a giant pair of scissors. That was sweet.

Today felt super busy even though it was only 9-5. Yes, only. But shelved and boxed up books all morning then had some lunch, huzzah for mint chip ice cream, then got all registered for the NLA conference - aka Nebraska Library Association not the National Limousine Association or the Lawyers Association, Lipid Association,...what other ones did I get when I Googled the page I was trying to find....oh! how about the Nine Lives Association? Real deal.
But I'm going because they're having this session on life during and after the MLS and since that's what I'm getting I thought it would be cool to go and listen to what they have to say. But that's not until like October, so got a while to plan.

Or, how about the National Lime Association?

Another tip I learned today - try going shopping when you really have to go to the bathroom. It'll save you time and money cause all you want to do is grab the essentials and get the heck out of there. I always buy a bunch of junk that I really don't need. Might use that strategy in the future.

Newspaper Licensing Agency. I hate that word licensing. I always spell it wrong. I feel like I'm spelling it wrong now. Maybe I should google that too.

"Stuck in the Middle With You" Stealer's Wheel
Am I the only person my age who knows who Stealer's Wheel is? As fantastic as Michael Buble is, no he did not write this song.
In true 70's fashion you've got the clothes, you've got the booze, you've got the suspicious characters...wait, was that Jesus at 2:06? ... and again at like 2:48? He's the drummer. Hmm....


Next Level Athletics.

"Bad Example" Pistol Annies
It's kind of a "Wreckers" situation when Michelle Branch teams up with backup singer Jessica Harp and they make their own band as a duo, this is Miranda Lambert plus Ashley Monroe who's been kind of a backup singer for profession plus a newbie Angaleen Presley. they're pretty good.

you may have heard of their hit "Hell on Heels" seen here for it's live debut:
carrie underwood, blake shelton, reba mcentire all jamming in the audience

I like "Bad Example" best just cause it's like throwback country mixed with sort of a doo-woop sound from the 50's. I'm diggin' it.

Should probably crash soon although I have a feeling I'm just going to make popcorn and watch more NCIS.

No Longer Available.

No comments:

Post a Comment