I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I'd bought the house a double and the waitress a new car.

First class this morning. Dude, 7AM bites. Especially when you have to wake up earlier than that just so you can leave by 7. I grabbed some green tea on the way out, stopped for coffee when I got there and ate my cinnamon roll in the parking lot.

We're in the new building this year - it's all fancy cause it's got windows. Yeah. That's how unfancy the other building was. But no, this is more than just windows, it's like state of the art stuff with primo technology plus these really awesome green chairs. They're like straight in the air and you sit on them and they form a chair. I'm not describing them very well. Perhaps next class I will take a picture and upload it.

The actual class was good. I sat in the back corner by a past classmate. He was in my group when we interviewed Boss's Boss's Boss. Which actually went well. So we jammed out today, he's cool. The whole class is actually pretty good, everyone participated.

Our ice breaker was your name, where you work and what your superpower would be. Apparently they use that in job interviews because it throws the person off guard and makes them think on their feet. I said that although freezing time would be cool - yay Piper! yes I'm a nerd so that was a Charmed reference - I would be a SuperHuman Locator. Because I lose everything. Plus it would be helpful in the library. Even more helpful than the Shelver's Curse mentioned in the previous post.
Class discussion basically revolved around the leadership vs. management question. What's the difference? Are they the same? Crossover? Qualities? What makes them good or bad? Etc. Got some homework and we were out of there 3 hours later.

Stopped by to see the Library Goddess after class - as did the teacher. She told Library Goddess that I'm the trouble maker. Then looked at me and smiled. Thanks? I think. No, she's cool. It's gonna be a good class.

After all that I watched some more Chuck - now I officially need to put holds on the rest of the season since I know I'm all in. It's fantastic. PS - Love that Matt Bomer played Bryce the rogue spy in the first episode and he gets flashbacks. He plays Neal Caffrey in White Collar. Another excellent crime comedy.

Then hit up some sushi with the Cool Aunt.

Okay, after years of waiting I've finally learned the trick of how to pay the bill before an Everts woman can grab for the ticket.

Here's the trick. You put your card on the table - but under your phone so that it's there but it's not visible. Then, when the waitress comes you grab the binder thing, pick up your card, put it in the binder thing, give it back to the waitress and say, "Take this and run."

Easy access. It totally worked. I told her she could pay next time. She always pays. That's why she's the Cool Aunt. Actually I think that's more of an Everts quality thing. When I lived with Grams it was a full out battle every time we went out to eat just because they would fight about who would get to pay. Plus you throw in my mother and it's like war. I just stayed out. But now I have strategy.

Alright, church plus family softball game are tomorrow so I'm out of here.

Here are some tunes to jam to in the meantime.

"I Feel Lucky" Mary Chapin Carpenter

live at the CMA's. year unknown. I'm guessing mid-90's. Love the guest appearances.


"Timber" Patty Loveless and Vince Gill

not a big fan of his but she rocks. as does the song. totally jammin' at the opry.

No comments:

Post a Comment