I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, August 25, 2011

If I were you I'd take a permanent vacation

Queen of the Known Universe said bad things happen in threes. She lied.

Quote of the day: "And did he take your library card?"

Today was one of those days. Got glared at three times and yelled at once. By the third glare I just asked if they wanted to speak with my supervisor right away, instead of waiting for them to ramble and rant at me. After the first I was like hyper aware of all the patrons - there was no autopilot answers. I was waiting for something else to happen. And then it did. Thankfully all my supervisors are wonderful so it was okay. At least I spread the love around and didn't get the same supervisor the whole day. The Koha Queen and I joked about getting walkie talkies between the front desk and her desk downstairs. I would totally use it all the time, she's probably sick of me flailing downstairs yelling, "Do you have a second?" But she is also the queen of patience - which is why she is in charge of the transition. Then Superwoman who is always helpful and Girlscout who remains professional the whole time and adds in humor as well. And the fourth and final transaction was just me. Maybe that's why there was yelling and not glaring.

I'm remaining positive.

I love my job. And I love public libraries because of the variety of people and material. So, the yelling and the glaring I'm okay with. Sort of. It's never boring. I'll give you that.

But I've learned to keep my head down and not do anything stupid. Really my only rebellions nowadays are my mis-matched socks and this blog. Even Oldest Sister doesn't believe I can skateboard. I probably can't anymore. I'm all like different and stuff. Will have to grab it next time I go to the farmhouse and bring it back with me. I'll have actual pavement to ride on this time - the beauty about the farmhouse is that it's in the middle of nowhere so you've got the stars and the peace and all that - the one thing missing is concrete. Or cement, sorry Bones. You get like one slab which is fun to ride your bike/skateboard around on but after about an hour you get tired of riding in circles and try to branch out to the gravel. Not as smart.

Started season one of Chuck over at Oldest Sister's house. It's not all that bad - I'm actually thinking about putting a hold on the second season already and I'm mid-NCIS so that's kind of a big deal. It's basically this geek - sorry, nerd - nerd sees stuff he's not supposed to see so the government is all over him and they have to stop this bomb from going off and all that. I'm only one episode in so that's basically all of the storyline I have so far. But he lives with his sister and captain Awesome who says everything is Awesome and then he has this nerdy best friend who clearly has a thing for his sister - Chuck's sister, not like his his sister - and so he has to keep this whole stuff secret from them and all that - plus there's the female CIA agent who's watching out for him and then another dude who was battling for custody. It's a long story. But it's seriously a 9/10 on the Scale of Awesome so you should check it out. Perhaps I will review it properly tomorrow when I'm not as scatter-brained.


"My Boyfriend's Back" The Angels

check out that syncronized snapping and clapping - very impressive 1:40-1:41 I just crack up.

"It's My Party" Lesley Gore

she seems to be doing more dancing than crying

or check out Amy Winehouse's version of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOrXhsuR-tk


Think I'm gonna crash and burn. Maybe watch some more of the first disc on the way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment