I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I could wash my car in the rain, change my new guitar strings...

In light of yesterday's shocking I-don't-hate-onions discovery I switched up my lunch today. Ordered a Turkey and Swiss with Cheetos as opposed to my usual Chicken Salad with Cheetos. And, gonna say...totally through off my entire lunch period. Not cool.

Yes, I order the same thing every day, but at least I vary the ice cream flavor. I set goals, thinking if I shelve all the carts in the morning I deserve ice cream or if I finish a list, answer a difficult question that I wouldn't have been able to when I first started, get thanked by a patron....really any excuse that seems worthy enough to deserve ice cream. Then I get it with my lunch. Today I finished the Young Adult Weed List so I got Cookie Dough and it was awesome. So awesome that I almost forgot how much the sandwich sucked.

Not like it sucked cause it was bad. It was good. I'm just apparently not a Turkey and Swiss kind of person. I'm gonna stick with my Chicken Salad for now. It's dependable and tasty. If I don't think about what's in it. I hate mayo. And miracle whip. So that just doesn't exist in this sandwich. Don't tell me otherwise or I will hate you for eternity. This sandwich is serious business man.

Except Obi-Wan made me order something else when we went out to eat during post-camp stuff even though Chicken Salad was on the menu. So I had some sort of something that had melted cheese on it and yeah, again, not the same. I'm not a fan of melted cheese. Pretty sure I gave you the "I like cheese but I don't like cheese" speech already. If you missed it go here: My Life in Closed Captions: New Shoes, the Cheese Speech, Warped Tour and MXPX...

We went out to eat at basically the only place to eat in G-Town. Well that and the Dairy Delite which is closed for the season. There's also a barbeque joint but I don't know the hours. But this is the place that my mother basically lived off of when dad was in the hospital and we lived amongst the white walls and sterile equipment. Where else are you gonna go when you can't go home? So, of course they have their usual orders as well. Second Sister included with her to-go cup.

It's not that I'm not a variety kind of person. I like...you know...sometimes theres... Okay so I'm not a variety kind of person. Except for when it comes to media. Movies, Music, TV - I'm into it all. There. Saved my sanity. I'm all about the variety. Ha. Just not when it involves food. Which sounds weird cause I'll try almost anything. Almost. I just like my usuals when I can get them.

Anyway, so I'm done with my first assignment. Queen of the Known Universe was very helpful in this matter with tips and all that. I love my coworkers. QofA brought me farm animal crazy bands this morning - I'm wearing a yellow duck one, it's awesome. But Mission Statement is written, revised, and submitted. Due tomorrow night. Done tonight. Now I gotta read some of the text and get ready for next week's assignment.

Despite the sandwich mishap it was a good day. Mom brought me cookies - na, na, na, na-na...we do a lot of na-na'ing in our family - gave some to smart people and got a point, huzzah! I'm at 136. Gaining on Space Cadet slowly but surely.

Also, got to jam with the security guard for a while. Seemed everyone was losing all sorts of things today, cellphone covers, backpacks, lanyards, stomach contents...

Oh yeah. Real deal. It was disgusting. I was at the front desk and all the sudden we heard this like heaving. Like serious serious heaving coming from the restrooms. I look up at the guard who's looking at me with her eyebrows raised. Then I hear "Hey, you work here. Go check it out," come from one of our usuals who sits in the same chair every day reading a book. I smile, look at the guard and and make a head nod in the direction of the bathroom. I was her backup. It was awesome. And gross at the same time. But the bathroom dude had it covered. He was sober - which is unusual for someone who's heaving in our bathrooms - but the heat was apparently in the 100s so it took him out. Way way out.

Aaannnd on that note, I'm gonna hit you with some music before I go way way out to the world of sleep. I'm exhausted. Maybe it's all the variety.


Sometimes when I have no idea what to recommend for music I put my ipod on shuffle saying, "Okay, whatever song plays is going on there." And then I hit it and the song sucks. Or the intro is too boring. Or the rare occasion where I've already posted it - did I mention variety? - And I end up hitting skip like 8 times before a decent song arises. This was one of those songs.

"Better Things to Do" Terri Clark

like dance in canyons and drive in circles around you...
did you ever have an ex that whenever they took the time to actually contact you you knew that they were at that time fighting with their current girlfriend? and you didn't even have to check facebook to see if that was actually the case? this is my theme song when it comes to those moments.

"I Gotta Go" Robert Earl Keen

if you hurry you can grab it for free off itunes. love it.


i'm sorry that this has turned into some sort of country week. first it was Patty Loveless and Mary Chapin Carpenter. then The Judds. then the Dixie Chicks. now this. to be fair i did throw in some Cake. it's all about the ipod man. blame the shuffle.


here. watch this. it fixes everything.
"Mahna Mahna" Cake


go for it uncle steve. you know you want to. it's just that awesome. star wars plus cake plus the muppets. and it matches up with the beat. diggin' it.


OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment