I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, August 22, 2011

And no one's getting fat except mama cass.

Which is more pathetic? 1. Realizing that you've already seen all the episodes of Swamp People that Dad has DVR'd throughout the week or 2. Watching them again anyway when he's not even around to make you watch them?
It's fantastic.

So, I had this hat. It was awesome. Titans hat - dark blue with titans in light blue and the red logo around it. Simple and comfortable and awesome and I wore it almost everyday for years before it mysteriously disappeared - conspiracy theory says mom was tired of it and hid it, i'm still convinvced it's somewhere in the house - but it was my hat. I loved it. My brother gave it to me for Christmas the same year he gave me my long sleeved Yankees shirt - which he said brought him physical pain, he's not a fan - and I seriously did wear it almost every day. Anyway, so I've been trying to not replace the hat but find one like it for years, doesn't necessarily have to be a Titans one but it has to be similar and I've had all kinds of hats. They're all great in some way, but they're not the same. The irony is, that without even trying I found one just like it. Same style and fit - yes I'm a nerd. And yeah, it was a fluke. I bought the shirt/hat combo for the shirt, put on the hat and went whooooaaa.... Yes, I'm a nerd. It's even dark blue, huzzah! This time it's a baseball one but I like it, and I'm diggin' it, and I'm gonna wear it. And this time Mom can't hide it when she gets sick of it, yay!

Okay, so I totally need a lowjack on all my stuff. I lose everything - no I didn't lose the hat - It drives me nuts. This weekend it was my license, my debit card and my ring - all were found, but in the meantime I was going bananas. Someone needs to invent like a lowjack for all things valuable that when you press a button the object will either show itself or if it's somewhere else it will be transported through space to where you are. That would be awesome.

Today was great, got to sleep in then met up and finished our post-camp stuff. I'm done for 6 months! Totally stoked! Now I can get back to the whole work and school all the time thing. Huzzah! But got to see the gang again - well most of them - and this time school was in session so we saw them out at recess. They were playing capture the flag and one of my favorites comes up and says "every time I tag one of the little ones they act like I killed them" cause he's an 8th grader and they're not. You know, small children and all that. It was amusing. Even more amusing was G-Wigger's team's come from behind victory all because of a well-timed bathroom break.

"Creeque Alley"

another song played often at camp

There are rare moments when my father - the music genius for anything from the 1940's to the early 80's - talks to me about music and I actually remember something about it the next day - this one is one of them. (Not that it's not interesting, it just happens that often and they all kind of look alike). This group has totally intrigued me with the drama and the sound and the story - if you get a chance you should look up some of their history, it's a great story. This kind of tells the basics, if you know enough of the references to be able to interpret it.


Tomorrow's split shift, think I'm gonna turn on Warehouse and crash.

"She goes for the money, boo-goosh! Sues him for it!"
"What kind of women do you date?"

2 comments:

  1. Now, about the hat, maybe a great big squash sat upon your hat and made it flat. I was going to suggest helping you find a new hat (or even your old one), but I am secretly crying inside because you gave your brother all of the credit for finding you that awesome hat. It's almost as though you truly believe he does the shopping. Oh, about the button. It has already been invented. It's the "staples" button. You know the one from the commercials. DUH!!! What is Huzzah anyway? Is that the same as Whoopow? "I'm Out" LMIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i'm sure you were there to help pick it out. i totally wish i could have witnessed him buying anything related to the yankees.

    i want a staples button for christmas.

    i have no idea where huzzah came from. it's old. and i'm bringing it back. not intentionally. it just comes out sometimes.

    ps-nice name

    LM

    ReplyDelete