I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, August 8, 2011

That poster needs more exclamation marks.

"Scott, if your life had a face I'd punch it."

You know what my favorite thing in life is? When people plan it for me. I just love that. Like, they pick out who I'm supposed to be with because we're soulmates or something. And there are a group of them that think this. One of them is an ex-boyfriend and is the one who told the supposed-soulmate that we're meant to be. What does that say about our past relationship? I'm tired of it. Yes, I'm indecisive but please, don't assume that I'm going to marry someone that you think I'm meant to be with just because you tell me OR HIM! that it's meant to be. If we were soulmates something would have happened already.

Moving on.

"He punched the highlights out of her hair!!"

Loving Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. Giving it an 8/10 on the Scale of Awesome. And oh my god, it took me the whole freaking movie to figure out that Ramona is Lucy McClane from "Live Free or Die Hard" aka John McClane's kickass daughter. "Dad....now there are only five of them" girl. All I could think of was Claudia plus some mystery character that I'd seen in a movie at one point or another. It drove me nuts. But huzzah! It's her. And yeah, it's like a mixture of Claudia from the Warehouse and Lucy from LFODH. Pretty much sums up Ramona Flowers, colored hair included. Well, minus the seven evil exes. Claudia does have one in witness protection but that's a different story.

"Scott Pilgrim vs. The World" is a movie based off a series of comic books by Bryan Lee O'Malley - yes it's at the library - it's filled with comedy, action, and video game effects. It jumps from scene to scene similar to a graphic novel with an abundance of gaming sound effects and subtitles all over the place.

And Mae Whitman, again. God that chick is in everything. You may know her as Lauren Graham's daughter on "Parenthood" but she'll forever be Maggie Taylor from "One Fine Day" to me. Or Heather whatever her last name is from Grey's when her spine is like all weird and bent in half or something. I just remember Izzie has this line, "You're in pain. Sometimes I'm a bitch for no reason at all." But I guess it's fitting since she guest-starred on Arrested Development as Michael Cera's girlfriend. He plays Scott Pilgrim, the nerd who's in a band - called Sex Bob-Omb - who has to battle Ramona Flowers' 7 evil exes in order to be with her. They've formed this sort of league thing to kill him. It's amusing.

I loved the Wallace character as well. Played by The Other Culkin Boy. Kieran, not McCaulay. Yeah, the other one. He plays Fuller in Home Alone - "I don't want to sleep with Fuller, he wets the bed!" As mentioned earlier, I've seen too many movies which is why it took me over an hour to figure out that Ramona Flowers was actually Lucy McClane with colored hair.

The movie was semi-like The Rocker. I thought it would be dumb going in but ended up with an awesome soundtrack. I'm jamming to "Garbage Truck" and "Black Sheep" huzzah for all things obscure. "We are Sex Bob-Omb and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff!" then the music plays. I was cracking up.

Also amusing that Chris Evans plays one of the evil exes and it was just so different than his Captain America character that we just went to see yesterday that I literally had to sit up and stare at him to make sure it was actually him. I'm still secretly wondering how they made him all scrawny in Captain America before he gets all the injections. I'm assuming he didn't drop 100 pounds and shrink a few feet for the role but you never know.

"You made me swallow my gum!"

"Money that's what I want" Flying Lizards

She's not lipsyncing. I have no idea what you're talking about.

this is super cool

didn't know how they did that with the piano

"Love Song" Sara Bareilles



Still haven't made my grocery run yet. I was going to today but Mom brought lunch and pop - as mentioned earlier I can live without food just not without pop so I should be good for a while. My cat, on the other hand, is almost out of food so I'll have to at least get that tomorrow. Might as well do them all at once.


OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment