I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"I seem to do quite well for a stretch and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry."

Oldest Sister and I went to see Iron Man 3 tonight.

If you haven't seen the movie and you plan to you probably shouldn't read this post.


Scale of Awesome says 8/10.

I liked it, I thought it was great...it just wasn't as epic as I thought it would be.

It basically put an end to that franchise.

Or so it seems.

Which doesn't make sense, cause there's an Avengers sequel coming soon so I don't understand how he plans to rebuild the house and the suits and then run the suits without his heart as the power source, etc. etc.

I'm curious as to when that's gonna pick up.

The whole movie was super dark.

And the series has really turned sci-fi.

Even for a superhero movie.

Like the first couple movies the villains were humans with motives and access to machinery. In this one and the Avengers it's all like alien supernatural stuff.

But in the Avengers it made sense cause Thor is technically an alien.

I guess technically this one you can blame on science, but it was still....weird. Like the whole flamey people thing totally threw me off, and I think that's why it's 8/10 instead of 10/10.

And how that saved Pepper in the end...just weird.

I mean, I'm glad she's not dead! And you knew she couldn't be dead cause if she was then there was a lot of drama missing from that particular part of the scene.

Not as good as the first one, but it had its moments.

These are a few of my favorites:

Pepper Potts: This is a new level of lame.

Tony Stark: I just stole a poncho from a wooden Indian...

Harley Keener: Well, my mom already left at the diner, and dad went to someone to get scratchers... I guess he won, 'cause that was six years ago.

Brandt: Is that all you've got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?
Tony Stark: Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography.

The Mandarin: Chinese fortune cookies. They look Chinese. They sound Chinese. But they are actually American. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Aldrich Killian: The early bird gets the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese. what happened to the first mouse?

Pepper Potts: I am gonna be okay?
Tony Stark: You're in a relationship with me, everything will never be okay.

and then my alltime favorite, right as Tony was about to shoot him...
Dude: Honestly, I hate working here, they are so weird. 

Okay, the above ramblings make it seem really bad. The movie wasn't bad, it was great, it's just the whole flames healing people and then blowing them up part that confused me.

For what it's worth Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth were awesome, as was Don Cheadle. I was excited they brought Rebecca Hall in as the botanist. The effects were good, I liked the barrel of monkeys thing and Happy's obsession with Downton Abbey.

You know what was bad today?

Judith Hill getting kicked off the Voice.

There goes my top 5.

Now I'm all for Danielle, though I would be happy if Michelle or Holly win. Or Amber. Or Sasha.

As long as it's not the Swon Brothers I'll be happy.

Seriously? Them over Judith and Sarah?

The only thing wrong with their performances was their song choice.

For Judith - The demographic that watches the show is not gonna buy an overplayed Justin Bieber cover on iTunes. Cause they don't like Justin Bieber. Only Usher likes Justin Bieber and that's cause he created him.

And for Sarah - it's a good song, but it's been sang on the Voice for seasons 2, 3 and now 4. It also didn't show off her range as much and it seemed restrained. "the story" was my favorite song choice for her.

But it makes me sad that one bad song choice and you're beaten by the Swon Brothers.

Ugh.

I was glad Sasha made it through...even though she shouldn't have cause she also picked a weird song for her to sing.

That's why I was surprised Sasha made it through, especially when I saw how low she was on iTunes. But people like Shakira and want to keep her in the running.

Oh my god, Shakira went nuts. Then couldn't walk back to her chair.

Now the power has completely shifted. Before tonight Blake and Adam had 3 while Usher and Shakira were down to 1. Adam's was definitely the strongest cause it was filled with powerhouses. Now Blake still has 3 and I think Danielle's gonna win it.

So, here's how my top 20 looks like now:


Red = Adam
Green = Blake
Blue = Usher
Purple = Shakira


Judith Hill
Jess Kellner
Midas Whale
Caroline Glaser
Monique Abbadie

Sasha Allen
Michelle Chamuel
Sarah Simmons
Christian Porter
Jessica Childress

Jeff Lewis
Jacqui Sandell
Karina Iglesius
Holly Tucker
Garrett Gardner 

Danielle Bradbery
Amber Carrington
Savannah Berry
Josiah Hawley
Audrey Karrasch


Artists left after tonight:

Team Adam:
Amber Carrington

Team Blake:
Holly Tucker
Danielle Bradbery
Swon Brothers

Team Shakira:
Sasha Allen

Team Usher:
Michelle Chamuel


like i said, danielle's gonna win it. predicted right now.

it makes me wonder, do you think michelle would have made it this far if she wasn't on Team Usher?

cause she didn't have a lot to compete against for his team?

oh well, i think she's awesome and i'm glad she's still in it for the nerds of man kind.

Song of the day:

Don't Talk About Him, Tina

i love this song cause it's catchy, but mostly because of the inspiration behind it, go here: http://www.accesshollywood.com/pistol-annies-dish-on-bra-inspired-song-dont-talk-about-him-tina_article_79106 but also cause it's catchy. but mostly because of the story behind it.

you should really read that article.

and i'm out for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment