I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, May 3, 2013

closer to heaven above and closer to you...

Gotta love librarians.

When you get a room full of them it's quite the party.

See, the stereotype is that we're all super quite and like to shush people when the truth is we're the loudest ones of the bunch.

I don't think I've ever seen a librarian shush someone.

Maybe once as a joke.

Anyway, tonight was the grad party for the lucky ones of us who are done this spring and summer.

The rest of us have to tough it out until fall. For me first completing 9 more credits along with my 90 hour practicum at the Regional Center and then comps which is the week from hell.

Basically you write 4 dissertations and you have a week to complete it.

And there's no grades just pass/fail.

So I'll be taking the week off of work for that.

Along with all the time for the practicum because the Regional Center is only open during the week 8-5.

And I work 9-6 soooo I'll basically have to take like 4 weeks of vacation - at least. But I can't do it all at once cause I don't want to lose my job.

And I don't know if I even have that much vacation.

I guess we shall see.

Maybe I can work weekends and take weekdays off for a while.

I don't know, I'll talk to Superwoman about it and come up with a plan with Tom.

He'll be my Mr. Boss Man Sir for those 90 hours.

Where was I?

Right, the party, so I got to play bartender.

Obviously she knows my family.

The boyfriend would find that hysterical because he's convinced that I don't drink.

Although my brother thinks I don't either.

The truth is, I do, just not a lot.

Like I'll have one. Like every 3 months or so.

And that's usually only because I'm out with my sisters or him or it's some sort of family party.

I just don't see the point if it's not a social situation, you know?

Hence the build-up of liquor in my fridge.

But the party was great. She had a nacho bar along with animal crackers for the kiddos. Everyone brought their significant other (except David who brought his kid), minus me cause the boyfriend was busy fixing stuff. It actually flew by pretty quickly.

Kinda like the program.

I still feel like I just started and it's already gonna be over. Same with the GA duties, can't believe it's already been 2 semesters since I took over.

But I guess it has been a while. I did start in Spring of 2011.

And now I'll end in fall of 2013.

So it's kind of backwards but that's okay.

We talked hoods today.

Annette brought hers, gonna have to figure out how to order that and robes and all that.

And figure out exactly where I'm going. But I'm guessing the Library Goddess knows all about it. She's been doing it for years.

And she is going over there in the fall.

As is my boss and the Cool Aunt.

Superwoman claims the three of them can carpool and talk about me.

Not allowed.

Anyway, the party was fun. The usual gang of course. I really like these guys. I'll be sad when it's over but I'm sure I'll see them all over. One of them works down the street and stops by the library every once in a while.

Apparently she stopped by a couple of weeks ago and asked if I was there and I wasn't.

Which is rare.

So she turned around and walked out.

"I probably should have checked out a book or something..."

Geez library student.

It's okay.

Speaking of books, so I'm still stalling on finishing Silver Linings Playbook.

I literally have 20 pages left and my coworkers laugh cause I've had 20 pages left for like 2 weeks.

BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO END!

I love it.

AND! I got the DVD today so I'm gonna watch it tonight.

Probably fall asleep in the process because it is after midnight - I really need to stop doing this - but that's okay cause I already know how it ends.

But it's been so long since we saw it in theaters that I want to compare and contrast with what's in the book and decide which one I like best.

Cause BossLady asked and I couldn't answer completely.

Even though the characters are different I still see them as the actors that played them.

Which is backwards cause if you read the book first then you get images in your mind and then the movie comes out and you're pissed cause they don't match up.

Like everyone was mad when Tom Cruise got cast at Jack Reacher cause he was nothing like what's in the book, however, Tom Cruise bought the rights to the character so he got to play him.

Apparently he does that with a lot of characters.

But I'm confused, does that effect the writer of the novels?

I don't know quite how that works.

I'll look it up tomorrow.

Alright, I need to konk out but yes today was good.

Slept in 'til 1, went to the dentist at 2, NO CAVATIES! It was a chick dentist this time. She told me my teeth looked "super" and that I was good to go.

I cheered.

You know me and my experiences at the dentist.

Go here

After that I came home, watched some SVU - gotta love TV marathons - then headed over to the party.

After which I came home, watched some DDD - which would be even better if I was a chef and could recreate the recipes - and now I'm out.

Music: Going back to a classic.

Cowboy Take Me Away - Dixie Chicks

thinking about doing a week of my favorites. in which case i'd have to repost goodbye earl. along with many others.

hmmm....



Carter is sleeping but he's all twitchy.

Wonder what he's dreaming about....


No comments:

Post a Comment