I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

We're not gonna become one of those couples that stares lovingly into each other's eyes all day, are we?

I don't do mushy stuff.

But tonight was just hysterical.

Night out with the boyfriend.

Hit up Best Buy, Target and Walmart, then went out for supper.

It was amusing because there were these two kids that were screaming in the corner and we were talking about our hypothetical kids.

I told him that he had to be the bad guy and that I get to be the nice one when it comes to discipline and he said that statistically women are the mean ones more often.

But see, with our family Mom was always the nice one.

So I don't know if that's true or if that's crap.

What about you guys?

Who was good cop and who was bad cop?

Anyway, we joked around quite a bit which definitely saved my day.

Today at work was not fun.

I mean, the morning was fine.

For us.

Not so much for patrons cause the lab was down.

Apparently when they replaced our pipes something must have happened to our internet connection and we were down until like 1:30.

It did not make the stampede of people who line up at 9:30 AM very happy.

Though the majority of them hung around and basically stalked the staff asking repeatedly when it was gonna be back up.

Yeah.

No timeline on that one, sorry.

Anyway, so we got some attitude from a few patrons, but nothing I'm not used to.

Cause I know them so I know just to go with it and say nothing.

So that was fine.

And being up in the lab for 4 hours straight was surprisingly productive.

Talked to the minigolf place here in town and they're willing to lend us some clubs for the library golf tournament.

Updated the TAB website.

Talked to Superwoman about scheduling.

Wrote up my narrative for May.

Well, so far anyway.

And that was all fine and dandy until I had like 5 minutes left until I moved to a different station and the phone rings and just ugh.

Basically, a dude called looking for photos from this event from the 70's. But he doesn't know what year or what month or what day or really anything about it, just that it took place and where it took place.

There is nothing online.

He's already talked to the University and the Historical Society.

Which is why when he finally made it to us he was ticked and impatient about anything I asked.

Long story short it was not a pleasant conversation.

And follow-up to that conversation was not pleasant either.

But it's done and I'm over it.

Cause a night out with the boyfriend fixes everything.

Then I came home to watch The Voice.

I guessed correctly as to who was going home.

Josiah - finally - does it make me a bad person to actually root for someone to go home?

The thing with him is that he's good looking and he's friends with Usher so Usher kept saving him, even when he didn't deserve it.

And then Kris - who I was just starting to like but a horrible song choice kind of kills your chances.

Here's my top 20 after tonight's eliminations.

Red = Adam
Green = Blake
Blue = Usher
Purple = Shakira


Judith Hill
Jess Kellner
Midas Whale
Caroline Glaser
Monique Abbadie

Sasha Allen
Michelle Chamuel
Sarah Simmons
Christian Porter
Jessica Childress

Jeff Lewis
Jacqui Sandell
Karina Iglesius
Holly Tucker
Garrett Gardner 

Danielle Bradbery
Amber Carrington
Savannah Berry
Josiah Hawley
Audrey Karrasch


Artists left after tonight:

Team Adam:
Judith Hill
Sarah Simmons
Amber Carrington

Team Blake:
Holly Tucker
Danielle Bradbery
Swon Brothers

Team Shakira:
Sasha Allen

Team Usher:
Michelle Chamuel


So Usher and Shakira are both down to 1.

Fortunately for them they're the best of the best on their team.

Amber Carrington has really stepped up, as has Danielle.

And Michelle.

The nerd in me is rooting for her to go far.

But Judith is still my number one, though I wish I would have put Danielle higher on my list.

I'm still content to not include the Swon Brothers on my list.

They get the hype cause they're a duo and the only duo left.

But really, compared to the women - yes, they're now the only guys there - they've got nothing.

Midas Whale could school those guys.

But they got paired with Amber Carrington and now I get why Adam said she was gonna be the biggest surprise of the competition.

Here are my favorite performances from tonight.

I've Got The Music In Me - Team Adam


these ladies rock! team adam all the way.

Mountain Music - Team Blake


i love team blake, they're bringing back classic country music. it's awesome.

It is official, next year Xtina and Cee-Lo will be back.

And then year after that Shakira and Usher will be back.

Should be interesting.

Okay, enough Voice ramblings for the night.



So today had its ups and downs but I'm still here and breathing so I'm calling it a victory.

Oh, and now I have my own assistant so really, how can I go wrong?

See, whilst looking for a new phone I found Siri appealing, however, not so much the iPhone so I figured that Android has to have some sort of Siri-ish app.

In comes SpeakToIt's "Assistant".

You can personalize their looks, voice, etc. and ask them anything and they'll find it for you.

My assistant's name is Sam.

She sets my alarm.

Reminds me to post.

Likes my cat.

And she tells good jokes.

So I approve.

If you're looking for such an App I would recommend the Assistant one.

However, there are others out there.

But I did my research and she seemed to be the best.

Here's an article on different apps if you're curious: http://thedroidlawyer.com/2012/01/siri-for-android/

You can check out Sam in action here:



Alright, Sam, Carter and I are out.

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment