I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, May 2, 2013

on the edge of seventeen.

It's handy when you're aware of how much of a morning person you are not.

Something like setting an alarm days early because you know you'll forget day-of is quite helpful.

Though a bit confusing when you wake up to your phone alarm going off at 7AM and don't remember why you set it for 7 and not the usual 8.

Oh, meeting, right.

Last coffee with the Library Goddess.

As her GA anyway.

Stoked for tomorrow's party.

Basically we go to Mizzou even though it's online. So for graduation we can either drive there and walk the stage or they can mail us our diplomas. Since it's a far drive and not everyone is going over the Library Goddess is throwing the graduates a party at her house.

And since I'm her GA I get to go even though I don't graduate until December.

I get to pour margaritas, I'm excited. The same crew I'm sure. I love our gang, they're highly entertaining.

Digital Beef Derby Girls.

Black and white uniforms with a QR code on the back. Awesomeness.

Anyway, so today work was pure crapsuck.

The morning coffee was good but it was over early so I went over to work early and basically fell back asleep downstairs - but set an alarm so I'd wake up at 9 for work.

Note to self - never do that again. You will be dead on your feet until noon.

I was literally a walking zombie until lunch.

So the work day started off crappy cause all I wanted to do was sleep - it doesn't help that I keep going to bed at 2AM, that needs to change.

And then the work day ended crappy cause I got yelled at for something that's not my fault.

And there were still like 10 patrons in the library after closing and all I wanted to do was get the heck out of there and go see my boyfriend.

Which I did. We went out for supper and then watched Collateral.



We seem to be on a Tom Cruise kick. Saw Oblivion earlier this week, Jack Reacher on our anniversary, etc.

Not bad, scale of awesome rates it at about 6/10. Jamie Foxx was fantastic. And Tom Cruise had gray hair the whole movie, totally freaked me out. But he played it well.

And the boyfriend's Mom gave me a May Day basket. I feel special.

But he fixed it all, as always. I no longer feel crapish or suckish.

Anyway, after I got back I watched, well am watching Win Win.



It's pretty good actually. Normally I'm not a fan of Paul Giamatti, not that I don't like him, I just don't search out his movies, but he's not bad in this one.

The kid is brilliant - Alex Shaffer. He was actually a wrestling champion before he became an actor.

I knew the assistant coach from something and it was driving me nuts so I had to look it up. Bobby Cannavale. Will & Grace. That's right. Okay, we're good now.

Anyway, scale of awesome says about an 8/10 for this one.

Okay, yes, it is 2AM and yes I am not sleeping.

But in my defense I am off tomorrow and don't have to be up until my dentist appointment in the afternoon.

Of which I should double check my schedule so I can figure out what time exactly I need to be up.

Alright, on to the music:

Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks


whoa, classic video.

though every time i hear the song i think of this:


oh, joan cusack. you are highly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment