I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, May 31, 2013

"Do you want to plant a seed? Of course you do, they're awesome."

Kickoff party today.

Holy crap man.

171 kids in 2 hours packed into a single area.

Mass hysteria.

And most of the hysteria was coming from me and had been all day when my Mentor went home sick.

And you knew it was bad for her to go home because she's been in charge of this thing for years.

Since my supervisor that was gonna help out wasn't part of the planning process Superwoman turns and says, "well, you're coordinator."

Of a massive Summer Reading Event with screaming tiny children and all that.

No pressure.

Luckily I had a rockstar crew.

My TAB kids, of course, who picked out the activities, then there was one of my adult volunteers - who's fantastic - as well as Superwoman, my other supervisor, two interns, an aide and about 5 various Summer Reading volunteers.

It rocked.

After I had stopped, you know, panicking.

Some of the fun activities that the kids did was fishing for bookmarks with magnet fishing poles, getting tattoos, making carrot hats, digging for glow-in-the-dark insects, making personalized license plates, and planting seeds.

Yes, planting seeds.

In paper towels and water and put in a ziplock bag.

Modeled after our mock ones that are still hanging in the window and have started growing.

And carrot hats.

Which are basically dunce caps with green streamers.

That we of course had to wear.

Along with another coworker who's in the library program with me - I shall call her my Comrade.

Superwoman took a picture and sent it to the Library Goddess.

So, Kickoff Party: Completed.

Success.

Next up: Library Golf.

That's gonna be an even bigger ball of stress.

After work met up with the boyfriend's family to celebrate three birthdays - his dad's, his brother's and his future brother-in-law's.

Had pasta, took half of it home, will probably eat the rest later tonight.

Why are leftovers always the best after midnight?

And that was my day.

In a nutshell.

Songs of the day:

Yes, more Songs You Know But Forgot You Knew Them

Time Marches On - Tracy Lawrence



This Ain't No Thinkin' Thing - Trace Adkins


what happened to good country music?

No comments:

Post a Comment