I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Cemetery Rule #1: Don't drive over the graves.

"Is that really on the rule sign?"
"No."

Had some fun with the family today at the farmhouse and in G-Town.

Actually woke up a whole 2 hours before church - when does that ever happen?

Anyway, my aunt and uncle were out for this alumni banquet that the high school does every year and they stayed over.

Highly entertaining as always, I woke up to them laughing and making fun of my father.

Turns out, I didn't know very much about my dad as a kid.

I mean, I knew he was a prankster, but not this bad.

For legal reasons I won't share with you a majority of the stories - have I mentioned the "Kilowatt Kids" thing? - but a few are safe to share.

So apparently my family - more specifically my father - has a way of sending couples who've just gotten married off in style.

Perhaps some of you have experienced tampering with your cars - things painted on the windows, beer cans dangling from your bumper, etc.

Or is that just a hick thing?

Dad brought it up a level.

For one aunt and uncle he locked the car in low gear spilling oil all over the place. They finally make it home all frantic and Grandpa takes one look and says "go get your car they're taking it on their honeymoon."

So they got to take dad's brand new car on their honeymoon.

Karma.

For another aunt and uncle - okay we have this bell.

In the backyard.

Basically, my grandparents when they moved out here bought a schoolhouse and renovated it and moved it and all that and it came with a bell.

That my dad now has mounted in the backyard.

He took out the backseat of my uncle's car and put in the bell.

And since it was so heavy and they couldn't lift it out they took it with them on their honeymoon.

Another aunt and uncle came out to their car with their front seats missing. In their place were 2 buckets.

So they got to ride in "bucket seats".

Then - the ultimate prank - for yet another uncle and aunt - this uncle knows about my dad's history with pranks and decides to take precautions.

He hides his car in a storage unit and doesn't tell anyone where it's at.

Somehow Dad finds out. Since the unit is locked they get into the one next to it and he climbs over the top of the wall.

Instead of doing anything to the car all he does is lift the hood.

Making it look like he did something.

And to prove that he could, really.

So my uncle spent hours trying to figure out what Dad did when really he did nothing.

And the funniest part is that Mom is like completely the opposite of him in that way.

Which now explains a few of my childhood moments.

Like the time I climbed all the way to the top of the quonset cause the snow was that high. While Mom was freaking out and yelling for me to get down Dad went to get the camera.

The aunt that was here is afraid of birds so I told her my bird story. Go here: http://ckmylifeinclosedcaptions.blogspot.com/2012/06/freakin-birds.html

At church we met up with yet another uncle - yes I have lots but no Dad didn't mess up his car at his wedding.

As opposed to the aunt and uncle who stayed over, they were the engine in low gear one.

All-in-all it was a good day. After dinner we hit up the cemetery, which I always spell with an a, woops, fix that.

Then I took a nap - woohoo- watched a lot of Big Bang Theory and helped Mom more with Facebook. She put up pictures from the reunion. Took us a couple hours cause there were so many.

Though I can't exactly comment on that cause I have like 50 albums, all of them having close to a hundred photos in them.

What can I say? I am my mother's daughter.

Think I'm gonna watch some BBT online if it's up on Hulu.

Have a good holiday weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment