I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

He's a bird dog.

So I broke down and got Twitter.

Now I feel like even more of a stalker.

But it's amusing to read what my favorite celebrities are rambling about.

Watched Splash in the background when I was setting it up.

Just when I was starting to like Brandi Chastain. It would have been cool if she won since she started as an alternate.

No, honestly Nicole Eggert deserves to win the show, but I've been rooting for Drake and Rory since the beginning so I feel I gotta stick with them.

Work today was interesting.

More Aide Training.

Shelving Adult Non-Fiction and Youth Services now.

She's great, so far perfect minus a book on CD issue yesterday.

I don't know how but we are completely caught up on shelving.

We have some awesome aides and volunteers.

One of my volunteers is 93 years old. Comes in almost every day.

Skipped the Volunteer Recognition Banquet cause it was her day to volunteer.

Gets up on step stools to reach the high shelf, she's fantastic.

Aside the aide training there were a lot of tiny children running all over the place. Multiple grade school tours going through.

Originally I was asked if I wanted to help lead them but tiny children in giant masses freak me out.

I know, it's great that I work in Youth Services, huh?

Camp I can handle cause it's controlled groups in organized sessions and they're all over 3rd grade.

Speaking of camp, getting stoked.

Gonna have to start putting together some skits while I have the time.

But first I should really finish all my homework.

Final project presentation for Diversity is next week, along with my final assignment for Internet Reference.

She's finally letting us use Google.

I know the point of the class is to get us to use a variety of resources, but I can find things so much faster on Google than any of those other sites!!

Drove me nuts cause assignments took 3 times as long. But that's what you do when you work reference, Google, because the people on the phone don't want to wait for you to search a variety of search sites they want a phone number, address, answer to some obscure trivia question, etc. and they want it right away.

Anyway, I'm excited to be able to use Google.

As excited as one can be when they're talking about homework.

But I will soon be done with it eternally so I guess it's okay.

Next week, then I'm free 'til June. After June everything will be about Camp and Summer Reading and then classes pick up again in August and then I'll be done in December!!

I have no idea where this post was headed so I'm going to steer it toward something I do know about and that's The Voice.

I know, you're all shocked, but I didn't post about it last night cause I hadn't watched it yet so you're getting it tonight.

Highlights episode was on tonight to prep for next week's live shows. I'm so excited!!

Anyway, Monday Adam and Shakira's teams were knocked down to four a piece, last night it was Blake and Usher's turn.

Team Blake

"someone nice?"

Team Usher

"well that's inappropriate."
"Beaches...?" I love Michelle, that's fantastic.

Here's how my top 20 lines up after last night's knockout rounds.

Red = Adam
Green = Blake
Blue = Usher
Purple = Shakira


Judith Hill - Adam, defeated Karina in battles and Orlando in knockout round
Jess Kellner - Usher, defeated Taylor, lost to Josiah in knockouts
Midas Whale - Adam, defeated Patrick, beat by Amber in knockout round
Caroline Glaser - Blake, lost to Taylor stolen by Adam, defeated Amy in knockout round
Monique Abbadie - Shakira, defeated Luke, lost to Karina in knockout round

Sasha Allen - lost battle, stolen by Shakira, defeated Shawna in knockout round
Michelle Chamuel - Usher, defeated Chelsea in battles and Audrey in knockouts
Sarah Simmons - Adam, defeated Duncan in battles and Warren in knockout round
Christian Porter - Blake, eliminated during battles
Jessica Childress - Usher, eliminated during battles

Jeff Lewis - Usher, eliminated during battles
Jacqui Sandell - Blake, eliminated during battles
Karina Iglesius - lost to Judith stolen by Shakira, defeated Monique in knockout round 
Holly Tucker - Blake, defeated Michelle in battles and Luke in knockouts
Garrett Gardner - Shakira, defeated J'Sun in battles and Tawnya in knockout round

Danielle Bradbery - Blake, defeated Caroline in battles and Taylor in knockouts
Amber Carrington - Adam, defeated Sasha in battles and Midas Whale in knockout round
Savannah Berry - Blake, defeated Jacqui in battles, lost to Justin in knockouts
Josiah Hawley - Usher, defeated Jeff in battles and Jess in knockouts
Audrey Karrasch - Usher, defeated Jamila in battles, lost to Michelle in knockouts

I'm ticked that Jess is out. She was way better than Josiah.

But I'm really starting to love Danielle Bradbery, she's good.

Anyway, here are the the team lineups for the live rounds:

Team Adam:
Judith Hill
Caroline Glaser
Sarah Simmons
Amber Carrington

Team Blake:
Holly Tucker
Danielle Bradbery
Justin Rivers
Swon Brothers

Team Shakira:
Sasha Allen
Karina Iglesius
Garrett Gardner
Kris Thomas

Team Usher:
Michelle Chamuel
Josiah Hawley
VEDO
Cathia

Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday of next week. And Cee-Lo is making a guest appearance. Gonna have to clear out my DVR.


I know, I know, you read none of that. But it's Voice season, so get over it.

Song of the night:

Okay, weirdest song ever.



Ever weirder?

It was a big hit.

What the crap is a bird dog?

And see I want to hate it, cause the lyrics are so weird. But I can't get the melody out of my head cause the harmonies are catchy.

Dangit.


No comments:

Post a Comment