I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, May 4, 2013

when in rome...run...from roman candles.

I love graduation mints.

Even when I don't go Mom brings me some - we make them in bulk for grads and weddings.

It was graduation day today, though with the rain it was kind of a weird ceremony.

Actually there really wasn't a ceremony. They got their diploma and took pictures and that's it - not walk across the stage and screaming and all that.

But my day was fun.

Ah teens.

They're so entertaining.

I was actually proud of mine today.

They work very well together as a team - stickering, stamping, sorting and stacking.

Today was our paperback processing party.

Remember in February when I took them to Barnes and Noble to pick out paperbacks for the library to buy?

Well they're in and cataloged so basically the kids got to process them, then pick their favorites and check them out before they hit the shelf.

Which may not sound as exciting to some teens, but mine volunteer at the library willingly and read more than my coworkers do - which is a lot - so they were pretty stoked.

They got sub sandwiches, chips, candy, pop, then picked out their books and took off while the rest of us - namely me - got to go back to work.

After which I headed out to Bek Kate's dance recital. She's super cute and Abby Cadabra alternated between grandma's lap and mine when grandma was taking pictures.

The theme was Winter Wonderland, which in any other May would have been out of place.

Sadly with the snow this week it actually fit.

Bek did tap and cheer stuff.

The finale was The Grinch. The girl who played it was fantastic.

Had the walk down and everything, like literally you could see that walk when the music wasn't on and you'd know exactly who she was trying to be.

Or maybe that's just me cause I've seen the movie too many time.

The original, the Jim Carrey one I've only seen three times.

After the dance I headed out to see the boyfriend.

We watched Moon


Actually, Oblivion is much better.

I know, I know, I love Sam Rockwell and really don't like Tom Cruise, but it just wasn't as good.

Scale of Awesome says 5/10.

and then Hall Pass

"you can't help it if her butt walks where you're already looking."

The boyfriend liked it, it was amusing at times though I cringed a bit.

Awkward situations, can't do it. I pace. But I can't in front of him obviously.

Scale of Awesome says 7/10.

Alright, so it's far too late for me to be up and I'm not looking forward to avoiding the marathon tomorrow morning so I'm out.

Don't Waste Your Heart - Dixie Chicks

i know, i know, if i do a favorites week i'll have to repost them all...

oh well.

i'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment