I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dear Sobriety

Today was interesting.

Trained 2 new employees.

Plus a different one last week.

Makes me think of my training 3 years ago.

All my trainers are gone now, either at different branches or out of the library system.

Today's were quick studies.

Hoping they can keep up when Summer Reading starts.

Watched Stand Up Guys with the boyfriend tonight.



Gotta love Redbox.

It was pretty good, saying 7/10 on the Scale of Awesome. Alan Arkin isn't in it very long but Walken and Pacino are very good.

Doc: You can't open a car with a coat hanger any more, Val. 
Val: Says who? 
Doc: Says the people who make cars.

Val: It's time to kick ass or chew gum, and guess what?
Doc: I'm all out of gum.

It's amusing and there were so many familiar faces - Hannah from Bones, Elaine from Doc Martin - that I had to keep pulling out my phone to look them up.

Cause it drives me nuts when I recognize them but can't figure out why.

Caught a glimpse of What I Like About You after the movie.

I miss that show. Only season one is out on DVD.

Wonder if I can find the rest online.

Hmmm....

And that was basically my day.

I know, I know, I'm not very amusing today.

Sorry, have a staff meeting tomorrow morning and need to be conscious.

I'll be more entertaining tomorrow.

Songs of the day:

Paradise City - Guns N' Roses


having fun with my free trial of XM radio. every 3 months or so that rolls around cause they're trying to get people to buy it. it's excellent but since i just plug in my ipod and listen to that i really wouldn't use it that much.

anyway, whenever i hear this song I think of this:



and a high school classmate that i used to sing it with.


Another song on repeat this morning was this one:

Dear Sobriety - Pistol Annies


really liking their new CD. it's fantastic. if you're a country music fan you should check it out.

it's like retro country mixed with contemporary country.

Alright, I'm off to fall asleep watching Wipeout.

gotta clean out my DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment