I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, May 6, 2013

Blurred lines.

The doors are broken again.

Poor supervisory people had to wait on the locksmith.

But I had to leave right after work cause I had those presentations.

What ended up happening was only 2 of us could make it - but there are only 8 in the class - and then the software wasn't working so I basically sent the professor my stuff and she was able to upload and then I presented.

Which wasn't my intention even though I actually was prepared.

Anyway, so yeah I went first and more people get to go Wednesday and Friday this week.

And I'm done, so take that.

Felt like I rambled a bit in the Q&A section, but the rest I had all written out so it was fine.

That's the nice thing about presenting online and not being on webcam. You can read directly from your notes and not even look up.

Which is what I did, basically.

Today I went over my Powerpoint and wrote down everything I needed to say.

Another joy of having the day off - well, mostly off - is that I have time to work on homework cause by the time I get home I'm so zonked I don't have the motivation to do any of it.

Which is why I'm on here and not finishing my final assignment in the other class.

But it's not due until Thursday so I have time.

I also slept in, only 'til noon, then did homework, then watched some old episodes of Bones, Castle and NCIS - yay Kate. Gotta love TV marathons, they're fun.

Castle tonight was interesting.

Not as epic as last week's.

And I don't know that I'm all that excited about the finale.

*spoiler alert*

I mean she can't leave.

It'd kill the show.

But you know they're gonna make Castle all angsty and heartbroken about her possibly leaving - even though she won't - and those finales always suck.

Just like the Bones finale, you know eventually they will get married but until then Temperance is just miserable because of stupid mr. serial killer man.

I'm hoping some humor will sneak through.

*okay spoiler alert over with*

Speaking of serial killer men on Bones, watched the one with Epps and the head in the fridge.

Love those episodes and Gormagon, see those were awesome villains, this new one...I don't know if it's cause I just don't watch the show as faithfully, but I just don't like him as much as the other ones.

Not that I liked them, they're serial killers, but you know what I mean.

It's not as good of a show as it was before.

And speaking of not good shows, I love the Voice.

You're all aware.

But tonight's was a bit of a let down.

I'm thinking huge standout performances cause it's the first night of the live shows and Judith and Sarah and Amber and Michelle and Caroline performed but I was like ehh.

It was alright.

Gonna check iTunes after this to see how they're doing. Guessing not as chart-topping as last year's.

But it was basically "bare your souls and sing something stripped down" night.

Music stripped down, not people stripped down.

I don't know if they're trying to bring back something like Terry's version of "I want to know what love is" or what, but I wasn't impressed.

This is what I'm talking about.




Epic. 


I'm hoping tomorrow's will be better. It's Team Shakira and Team Blake's turn then.

And that's all I got for today.

Slept in, reruns, homework, work for 2 hours, Voice, Castle, post and I'm out.

Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke ft. Pharrell Williams and T.I.


So I hate that I like this song.

Because I'm really not a Robin Thicke fan.

I mean, "When I Get You Alone" is awesome, but since then it's been complete crap.

And then funny part is that I got this text from Second Sister - see anytime I get a text after 11PM I can guarantee that it's either Sketch or Second Sister - saying that he looks like a pedophile, which he does, have you watched this video? To which I agreed.

That of course led to the conversation of what other things we strongly dislike/find pedophilish to which I replied brussel sprouts.

Not that I find them pedophilish, I just don't like them.

But I do find big beards pedophilish. I mean Duck Dynasty big and disgusting. Cause they are the only beards I see on customers at work.

She said she didn't mind big beards but that thin mustaches and super groomed facial hair creep her out. She says that no one man should have the time and attention to create a tiny groomed area about his lip. She feels it's against God's will. It isn't addressed in the Bible, but it might as well be.

These are the conversations I have with my siblings.

We start random threads during the day, a couple days ago we got a text from Second Sister that said her son was watching Scooby Doo. She said "this looks like a really scary one, should we change the channel?" and her son said, "Mom, it's Scooby Doo. They always win."

That's my Godson.

Take that.

Anyway, my brother replies with "thanks for spoiling it for me."

Today I got pictures of my youngest niece eating a banana peel and my oldest niece driving to get coffee.

Oldest Sister claims it was squirt's idea.

And that you can see the "scared in her eyes."

That's what Dad said the first time he rode with me.

I am not that bad of a driver.

I know a select few of you laughed out loud at that statement.

But we're driving down a country road and Dad's holding the door handle with both hands saying, "you can see the scared in my eyes."

Which I couldn't cause I was a smart enough driver at that point to know not look away from the road.

But it's become a family catchphrase.

Dad has a lot of those.

"Convoy" is another.

It basically means good.

He tells Mom to buy "convoy cherries" when she goes to the grocery store.

I have no idea where it came from.

Or why he calls all of the cats Shaver.

No wait, some are Shaver's Brother.

He also has nicknames for all of us.

Mine is Dude.

Cause I used to say that a lot. Actually still do.

Oldest Sister is Bunny Rabbit or B.R. for short.

Brother is The Claw.

Don't ask, I don't know.

Second Sister is G.R.

That one I really don't know.

And when I asked Mom she didn't either.

I wonder if Second Sister even knows what it means.

Mom called her gr once.

As in the sound not the letters.

Made us laugh.


alright, i should really stop rambling and sleep.

more tomorrow i'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment