I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, October 5, 2012

"Aca-scuse me, synchronized lady dancing to a Mariah Carey chart topper is not lame."

Okay, so I would avoid reading this post if you haven’t already seen Pitch Perfect as it is full of spoilers.

Unless you don’t plan on going to see it. Then you’re good. But sad at the same time, cause it’s fantastic.

So, I drug the boyfriend to see Pitch Perfect last night. It was fantastic. And he laughed at the jokes too, so I don’t think he was completely miserable. As I’m obsessed with all things music – especially acapella like the Brown Derbies – I was all over it.


It was predictable yet not all at the same time cause you have your token fat white chick – who really makes the movie – and of course romance with the opposing guy’s team, but then you’ve got the leader who pukes all the time, and then a chick who’s talks so silent you can’t understand her – until the end. Then it was hilarious cause she actually talked and Fat Amy came back with, “Excuse me bitch, you don’t need to shout!”


Fat Amy is played by Rebel Wilson - Kristen Wiig’s British female roommate in Bridesmaids. She’s fantastic as comic relief. Reminds me a lot of Melissa McCarthy.

Anyway, here are my favorite of her one-liners. There are plenty.

“You call yourself ‘Fat Amy’?”
“Yeah, so twig bitches like you don’t do it behind my back.”

“Well, at least it’s not herpes.”

“I have the feeling we should kiss.”
“Sometimes I have a feeling to do crystal meth, but then I think better not.”

“Don’t put me down for cardio.”

“I should have taken the cardio tip more seriously.”
“How much have you done?”
“You just saw it.”

“I’ve wrestled divas and crocodiles at the same time.”

“What up, Shawshank? Did they spray you with the hose?”

“Gonna finish him like a cheesecake!”

“I did, yet maybe I didn’t because I got hit by flying Mexican food.”

“Aca-scuse me!”
“Aca-believe it.”

“Lez-be-honest.”
“It started when I broke up with my girlfriend.”
“Whoomp, there it is.”

“And my real name is Fat Patricia.”

“Even though some of you are pretty thin I think you all have fat hearts.”

“You guys are gonna get pitch-slapped so hard, your man boobs are gonna concave.”

Anna Kendrick and Brittany Snow were the leads, along with some unknowns. I’m wondering if half the actors were actually singers because the music is really good. And I know Brittany Snow was in Hairspray and American Dreams, but I had no idea that Anna Kendrick could sing.

Overall Scale of Awesome rates it about 8/10. Part of that is because of Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins as commentators at the competitions.

“The Sockapellas once again proving that it doesn’t get better for everyone after high school.”

“It’s refreshing yet displeasing to the eye.”

“She could toss her cookies at any time.”

“This number is like an elephant dart to the public face.”

“We were the Menstra-cycles, John.”
“What an unfortunate name.”

Elizabeth Banks is one of the producers - you know her, right? Played Effie in the Hunger Games? She's huge right now. Anyway, Kristen Wiig was supposed to be the other commentator but she dropped out so Elizabeth stepped in.

After the movie I immediately bought the soundtrack, cause I’m a nerd like that. But you knew that already and yet you’re still reading this…Anyway, it’s awesome. But Simple Minds has been stuck in my head all day.

Basically every piece of music in the movie is some sort of mashup. This is probably one of the coolers ones. 




We out.

I mean, you're welcome.

Went out to eat with the boyfriend's brother and wife. They are pretty awesome. The boys were laughing a lot telling old stories. Good to get some dirt on the boy.

Tomorrow is a meeting with the Library Goddess in the morning and Worlds of Fun with the Boyfriend in the afternoon. Woohoo!



As you walk on by, will you call my name?

Yep. Still in my head and I didn't even post that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment