I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, October 20, 2012

let's go to the mall.

Today's Highlights Include:

-Sleeping in until 11:30, which was awesome, but then dad came busting in saying I needed to go get food and ice so that killed my whole sleep 'til noon plan. So close yet so far.

-Watching part of the Husker game with mom and dad's friends, oh Karen. We love you. Even when bad game moments make you pace.

-Watching the rest of the game with my brother and favorite sister-in-law. We jammed in the basement while the children ran wild upstairs. It was highly amusing. And my brother, much like Karen, eventually was forced to leave so he could pace and watch in a different room. He's very superstitious like that. Didn't matter, we still jammed in the basement drinking our adult beverages and downloading ringtones.

-After a 4th quarter victory that probably about killed both Karen and my brother I stayed for supper. They're good cooks so it was the works, pork chops, potatoes, beans and all that. Gonna have to learn to cook eventually. I still ask Space Cadets for recipes every once in a while, I'll have to start writing everything down and come up with a Slacker's Cookbook.

Catchy title right?

I did contribute to our church's cookbook when they put one together.

The entry read,

"Pull out a phonebook. 
Look up the number to Pizza Hut. 
Dial the number and enjoy." 

Or something to that effect.

I was going to put in like the exact measurements of cereal and milk but I don't like milk so it would have been way off for regular peoples' needs.

And my sandwiches never include mayo or butter cause that's gross so the ingredients to those would just be meat and bread. Maybe some lettuce. Except when I'm at Subway or Jimmy Johns, then it's the works.

Anyway, their kiddos are super cute so we had fun playing around. Abby Cadabra was drawing pictures of everyone. I got 2 eyes but a big head and 10 legs. Everyone else had about 3 or 4 eyes but the normal amount of appendages. Except Squirt who had like 10 eyes but she had long hair to make up for it.

So nice to be able to stay again tonight. I'm so used to having to drive back because of work tomorrow. Usually I just get one day off and if I have two it's for class so they're not really days off. We actually figured it out, the last time I had the whole weekend off and it wasn't spent in class was the first weekend of August. When 2G went golfing for Tee It Up For Tuition. And it's what, mid-October?

Not that I really mind, I like my job and I like working there. I just need to start watching my time management so I don't burn out.

I am super excited for Vegas though, I should start a countdown. That's like the 10th of November and it's the 20th today so that would make it like 21 days? Right? Ultimate holiday weekend spent with the boyfriend and some family. Should be fun.

Alright, I should crash soon. As much fun as today was I'm still zonked out from conference. But I'll be fine by the end of the weekend and tomorrow should be fun. Church then I'm guessing nap time and then dinner with the Queen of Awesome, woohoo!

Song of the day:

I don't even know how this came up, or no no I do, Claire was playing one of the Just Dance's and it was one of the songs. Then we looked it up as a ringtone and it was totally available which rocked!

Got some cool ones now, Napoleon Dynamite, Tommy Boy, Mahna Mahna, Star Wars, Kill Bill, Castle singing, Rock Lobster, etc. On my old phone I had one for like everyone and I think I had like 150 contacts. That's doubled now so it's a work in progress. I'll have to group them there's too many.

Where was I?

Oh right, Robin Sparkles.

Watch these in order.

Here's the big reveal:



and the full video:


totally beats out "Sandcastles in the Sand".

just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment