I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

"like sea salt and cool ranch"

Today feels like two different days meshed together cause there was the leaving the apartment at 6:30 to get to class by 8 and staying there until 11:30 to learn about ILS systems.

And then there was the later day when I came home and did a bunch of homework and played Lords of the Realm 2 for like an hour.

Which I blame on my brother cause he's the one that gave me the game in the first place.

But I have to play it on Kate, cause Ziva is Vista and Vista hates all my games.

I figured I needed a break. You know the homework is madness when it makes me space out on a WMC day.

Not the official day, but the day it first came out.

Yes, I'm a nerd but you knew that already.

October 12th, 2007 it's on my door on a giant picture drawn for me by Sketch of Lindsay, Cindy, Jill and Claire. It's pretty sweet.

Or you could go with this version.


This is what happens when your best friend is an artist and you sit in the same position for a while.

It doesn't help if you have the blase personality that leads you to say, yeah go for it.

You should have seen the time she attacked my entire arm with a stack of highlighters it was ridiculous.

But I like it cause it's got all the symbols for Claire the ME and Lindsay's got the badge, Jill's got the scales and Thomas has the AP for journalism.

Dig it.



Anyway, so it's madness if I space something that big.

Cause I'm a nerd and am still crazy about a show that got cancelled in May 13th, 2008.

And it's what? October 13th, 2012.

So it's been a while.

And most of them have moved on, Lindsay Boxer has moved from San Francisco to Boston and has developed an accent, adopted a crazy family and befriended a new ME.

Jill Bernhardt defied gravity up in a space for a season, then donned Mata Hari's stockings on Warehouse.

Claire Washburn gave up the scalpel,  divorced Ed and got married to Leon Vance. She's also made appearances on Bones (again as a wife though her husband was murdered), then became a Doctor on Parenthood.

Cindy Thomas has stopped by Ugly Betty, The Good Wife, Person of Interest, and Blue Bloods. She's  currently hitting it off with the Botwin family on Weeds.

Even Jacobi made an appearance last week on Castle. I saw him and went good god, don't make him the murderer please.

They attempted to do that with Myka Bering on Castle a couple seasons ago but I was having none of it.

Anyway, the one season is all we had and for some reason they're refusing to release it on DVD which is weird because Rizzoli and Isles is huge - or it was - so you'd think that would help DVD sales.

Oh well, it'll happen eventually.

I still have yet to watch the unaired pilot just because if I do then it's officially over and I've seen everything.

Like I said, nerd.

What else can I talk about that's not Women's Murder Club or Lords of the Realm related?

Oh right, class.

Left at 6:30, stopped and got some much-needed coffee - "that's not coffee that's diabetes on ice" yes I had to have at least one WMC reference in this post - and learned all about ILS systems aka Koha, Millenium, Evergreen, Apollo, etc.

Oh, ILS stands for Integrated Library System. I forgot I'm not supposed to use jargon, my bad.

It's basically the automated systems that libraries use to keep track of who has what checked out, when things are due, what's available in the catalog, etc.

So we learned about different options available and then had some interesting discussions.

And see, discussions in that class are especially fun because the teacher also works for the same library system that I do so whenever there's some sort of reference she looks at me and smiles. Like today we were talking about the difference between the libraries so die-hard on being first that they voluntarily become guinea pigs to test out programs and the libraries that hold on to their old programs until they die. But we agreed we were more like the former when we took on Koha. And then how after we got it and made them get like 20 million updates it was safe for everyone else to join in.

I believe my exact quote was, "yeah everyone's like this system is great! and we went, what the hell are you talking about? our transition was miserable!"

But it's all good now. We've all adjusted to the new system and have learned the shortcuts to teach the patrons.

And actually it's nice now with all the updates because when you do a search on the PAC computers it doesn't pick up results that are located in other libraries in the consortium.

Cause that sucked. People were coming up claiming we had stuff but it was actually in Beatrice, ugh they were not happy.

Anyway, enough library ramblings. You should watch this clip because it's fantastic.

Like immediately, I'm still dying.



"only a woman would call someone their friend and then bitch about them for ninety minutes"

Wildly inappropriate but highly entertaining. Had to go back and tape it. Nasim Pedrad is hysterical.

I haven't watched SNL in ages, I'm so behind but I saw Christina Applegate was hosting and I'm up so why not.

Though my favorite Christina Applegate SNL episode was of course the Matt Foley episode.

"I wanna live in a van down by the river" they totally lost it.

I don't think that table was supposed to break.

Alright, on to the music before I start rambling about something else.

Song You Know But Forgot You Knew It

Cold Day In July - Dixie Chicks live

it's actually a hot day in October but it came up on shuffle tonight and is now stuck in my head.

"but if you've seen any lifetime movie you just know he's gonna kill you."

No comments:

Post a Comment