I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

well, at least it's not a flesh-eating virus.

So yes, this post is super early compared to all of my other ones, but since I have to be up and across town at 7:30 I will most likely be konked out before midnight.

Story of the day:
I'm the volunteer coordinator at my branch and this morning I was supposed to have two volunteers come in for training.

Neither of them showed up so either I'm a crappy coordinator or something else is going on.

Anyway, one of them I don't have the contact info yet cause she took her application home to fill out, and the other called in sick.

But it wasn't just any sick.

She took a friend to the hospital yesterday and came down with something immediately following.

Which didn't sound too drastic except she followed it with, "and there was this lady there with a flesh-eating virus and she had to be quarantined..."

That's when I went, "STAY HOME!" then told her to come in next week and we'd go from there.

Queen of the Known Universe and I have adopted the saying, "at least it's not a flesh-eating virus" which is humorous and not all at the same time.

So that was at like 10:15, which is basically the start of the day - minus opening - but you know how something totally bizarre like that happens in the morning and then the rest of your day just seems like a weirdass day?

Like it's all just weird from there on in?

Maybe it was just a state of mind thing, but then we had a dude konked out on the ground they had to call 911 for, delivery came like 3 hours late, Christmas Wrapping stuck in my head all day, jammed out with The Library Judge to Gangnam Style after closing, etc.

It just seemed weird.

Now I'm home and that feels weird too.

And posting this early isn't helping things. I feel like the clock should say 1:30 AM and Carter should be konked out next to me taking up half the couch.

As it is I haven't even had supper yet.

Which, actually, isn't all that weird cause half the time I don't eat anything 'til after 10 anyway.

In an attempt to escape to normalness, because yes rambling about The Voice has become the norm when it is on, and 'tis the season - but I'll try to keep it short.

Yesterday I gave you my top 20 cause 10 just seemed mean with the increase of participants. And when I said I had to majorly cut it down to 20, I meant it. I have a lot of honorable mentions -
Daniel Rosa i was thrilled to see come back and i love that they all recognized him and went crazy when they turned around
De'Borah the misfit/preacher's kid singing Hey Soul Sister
Devyn was great, very gutsy singing and Xtina song and she rocked it
Dez Duron it was cool to see him back since Xtina regretted letting him go last year
Jordan Pruitt and Sylvia Yacoub are great pop singers but I had enough of them on my list already
Charlie Rey the mechanic on Blake's team, he was great
Benji the racecar driver, i think he was like 21 on my list
Alexis and Amanda on Cee-Lo's team were very powerful, Amanda was Alicia Key's backup singer
ummm...oh the last guy Cody rocked. His reaction was hysterical cause he didn't realize Cee-Lo turned around and all the other teams were full so when he realized it he literally went nutso spastic, it was hysterical.
and Domo's audition was hysterical, though that was mostly because of Cee-Lo. and her family. that family got some moves....

I'm all in for this season cause after it X-tina and Cee-Lo are taking a break to go on tour and do album stuff so Shakira and Usher will be taking over for a season. And as much as I like their music I don't really know much about them outside that.

There.

All normalcy has been restored.

See how easy that was?

And it's not like everything was different today, Shirtless Neighbor still hasn't donned a shirt even though summer is officially over.

He's an interesting character.

Really not attractive, so don't get the wrong idea here. And I love my boyfriend so I'm not looking anyway.

But seriously, like every other day when I get home he's out on his deck grilling something.

Shirtless.

Cause apparently that's all the rage.

And it's always awkward cause you know how you can just feel someone staring at you? So I'm always walking like

don't trip

walk faster you look like an idiot

now you're walking too fast

don't trip

And I have to walk past his deck to get to the door. Though it's amusing now because the deck is now all decorated all nice and pretty with Halloween stuff so either he has a girlfriend or he has a flair for the dramatic.

Speaking of, I need to do some pumpkin carving at some point this month.

Last year I carved an awesome one with my initials with Bubby and Squirt.

There was wine involved, though none for them. Just me and Oldest Sister. Who took plenty of pictures that are now on Facebook.

But now I need to continue my artistry - of which I have no skills - and kill another one.

I saw this sweet Captain America thing at Target that you can buy his head and arms and legs and like stick them in the pumpkin so you have an Avenger pumpkin.

Eh, I'll come up with something.

Alright, as it is already like 8:30 and I think I started this at like 7:30 I should probably post and move on to some homework stuff.

And prep for the meeting tomorrow morning with the Library Goddess.

It's early but there's coffee and she's delightful so I'm good with it.

I feel like I've been saying "delightful" a lot lately.

Which I blame on the Cool Aunt.

But then again, she blames me for "awesomeness" so we're square.

Songs of the day are the next three in my Top 20.


Your Song - Aquile

he's awesome, makes all the girls swoon. go team x-tina


Without You - Avery Wilson

avery went to Team Cee-Lo, used to be a dancer then they figured out he could sing

It Will Rain - Bryan Keith
team adam is full of serious rockers, this one seriously rocks it. his father is pretty famous as well.

and no it's not toby, ew.

OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment