I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

If I'm doing a fake movie it's gonna be a fake hit.

Went to see Argo tonight with the boyfriend.

It was...interesting.

No, I shouldn't say it like that. It was good, very educational, but we were like a couple minutes late so the beginning was a bit confusing. If you didn't know your history you'd be totally lost, but I'm guessing there was some explanation given and we just missed it.

Anyway, I'd recommend it, Scale of Awesome is gonna say 6/10, but that's only because it was good but I don't plan on watching it again. I think it's definitely worth seeing, cause it's a great portrayal of an important moment in American history that you may not know about.

Which makes me sound like a nerd, but that's all I can really put into words about it.

Go see it and you'll get it. It's worth it.


"this is the best bad idea we have sir, by far."

I liked the actors in their roles, Ben Affleck was very good as lead (and as director) then you got some comic relief with Alan Alda and John Goodman, and it drove me nuts all night trying to think of her name but Clea DuVall as one of the hostages. She's guest starred in a lot of the shows I used to watch on a regular basis - Grey's, Bones, Saving Grace, SVU, etc. plus she had minor roles in She's All That and Can't Hardly Wait which are two of my favorite high school movies so it was driving me crazy.

There really is only one quote worthy of repeating, and I can't on here as it is vulgarity and I'm attempting to censor myself since people actually read this.

So go see it and it's repeated enough to stick with you, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

After that we started one of the Bond movies, "A View To A Kill" - he has the whole collection so it was more of a pick a box then pick a number and we'll start there kind of situation. So far it's pretty good, weird to see Christopher Walken so young. And his femme fatale sidekick is a little creepy...but we only got halfway through so more on that later.

Then I got to drive through the massive crazy fog that was super creepy, I could only see like 5 feet ahead of me, thankfully there were only a few people actually crazy enough to be on the road so it wasn't so bad traffic-wise.

But it was weird cause there would be areas with no fog at all so I'd speed up thinking it was done, then it was like doubled up on the other side of the hill so I had to slow back down.

But I made it.

Obviously.

Alright, on to The Voice, cause you knew that was coming.

Currently my top 20 is dominating as I have 17 of them left. Right now my list looks like this:

Cassadee Pope
Trevin Hunte
Nicole Nelson
Aquile
Avery Wilson
Bryan Keith

Brandon Mahone – eliminated after first battle
Michelle Brooks-Thompson
Adriana Louise
Collin Mcloughlin
Terisa Griffin
Suzanna Choffel
Nelly’s Echo – eliminated after first battle
Melanie Martinez
Gracia Harrison
Celica Westbrook
Mycle Wastman
Mackenzie Bourg
2Steel Girls – eliminated after first battle
Joe Kirkman 

Tonight Adrianna Louise dominated over Disney star Jordan Pruitt and Avery Wilson knocked out Gaga background singer Chevonne who was then stolen by X-Tina so now the teams are full and moving on.

Aaannd, since more contestants have been added to the competition this year they've added in another twist, the Knockout round where the coaches pair their singers and their singers pick a song to sing for their coach.  So basically the same as the battle rounds except they'll be singing different songs at different times. So song choice is very important.

I'm interested to see how this works but the teams are at 10 each, they gotta knock it down to 5 for the live rounds.

Alright, on to the music:
Going with Maroon 5 - lesson known songs but still awesome

forgot how much i love this whole cd, but second sister is making playlists which lead me to the last cd she gave me - Hands All Over - which i listened to over and over for like 2 months straight.


Don't Know Nothing


I Can't Lie


ps - they're coming to omaha with neon trees and owl city, which would be like one of the best concerts ever. just saying. if anyone's interested let me know.

Registration tomorrow morning so I get to semi-sleep in yet not cause I'll be freaking out until everything is official. But I don't go in until 1 so I'll get some laundry and other stuff around here done, woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment