I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, October 8, 2012

as you walk on by, will you call my name?

Will be so glad when election season is over. I keep getting those obnoxious automated calls.

That I never answer so they just keep calling.

I don't answer if I don't know the number, especially if they don't leave a message.

Unless it's camp season, then I answer.

Though frantic parents do actually leave voicemails. Quite frequently.

So, I sliced myself twice today.

Both thumbs, same knife, once before work once after work.

There's a reason people don't trust me with knives.

It wasn't like I was aiming for them. The one before work was cause I was attempting to cook something, and the one after was me attempting to open a package.

Now I have both thumbs taped up cause the cuts are at awkward angles and the bandaids don't stay on.

I'm stylin' and will show off my war wounds tomorrow at work.

Today was nice, slept in - finally caught up on my sleep - watched the Avengers all the way through, did a lot of laundry, sliced my thumb, jammed out with my cat. Went in to work for 2 hours, came back, did more laundry, sliced my other thumb, watched The Voice and Castle.

The Voice was rockin' - don't read this if you haven't watched it yet and plan on doing it later cause you'll get spoilers - only lost two of my top 20. With Nelly's Echo, De'borah deserved that win - and was one of my honorable mentions, and the 2Steel Girls got beat out by someone else on my list, who's higher than them anyway, Gracia Harrison. And with the steal factor Collin was saved and went to Blake's team - I can see him fitting better there than he would have with Adam. Cee-Lo's team had the best battle of the night. Amanda Brown was another one of my honorable mentions and she rocked it with Trevin, glad she got saved and now resides on Team Adam.

Check it out, they rock.


With Collin's switch to Blake's team, and 2Steel Girls and Nelly's Echo eliminated that leaves my top 20 list looking like this:



Cassadee Pope
Trevin Hunte
Nicole Nelson
Aquile
Avery Wilson
Bryan Keith
Brandon Mahone
Michelle Brooks-Thompson
Adriana Louise
Collin Mcloughlin
Terisa Griffin
Suzanna Choffel
Nelly’s Echo – eliminated after first battle
Melanie Martinez
Gracia Harrison
Celica Westbrook
Mycle Wastman
Mackenzie Bourg
2Steel Girls – eliminated after first battle
Joe Kirkman


Castle was good, but weird. I could predict part of it, but not at all what I was expecting that prediction to lead to.

More on that later.

I should probably sleep. TAB meeting tomorrow and gotta get decent sleep or those kids will eat me alive.

Joking.

I think.

Where was I on the top 20 list for videos posted? I think I posted the first 6, which puts me at Brandon, Michelle and Adriana.

Yes, this is video heavy and it'll get worse cause there's more later.

I Wish It Would Rain - Brandon Mahone

amazing 17 year old, went with team adam

Proud Mary - Michelle Brooks-Thompson

awesome mother of 2, went with team adam

Domino - Adriana Louise

overcame personal tragedy and went with team xtina

That's 7,8,9 so there will be 11 more, hopefully they'll still be around through next week's eliminations.

Alright, and I feel like I have to include them cause I've been singing them non-stop since Pitch Perfect.

You're Gonna Miss Me - Lulu and the Lampshades

love it. my favorite comment on the video is "50 of these views were by Anna Kendrick"

so true.

but it would be something you'd have to watch over and over just to learn.


Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds

apparently recorded this song and two hours forgot completely about it.
didn't like it or something.
didn't even include it on their album.
which is sad as it's rather iconic.





No comments:

Post a Comment