I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rock, Chalk, SilverHawk

Went to watch Squirt play some volleyball tonight with my sisters.

She dominated, got some killer spikes and all that. Would have made Juwanna proud.

That was pretty much the highlight of the day, jamming with the family.

Not much happened during the day aside from the TAB meeting.

Which was not my favorite of meetings.

I like the kids, they're great, but it's a little difficult to keep some of them on task.

Especially the newer, younger ones.

And it tends to annoy the older ones.

So I'm trying to be understanding, but my new motto is if the story you're raising your hand to tell us has nothing to do with the meeting at hand it can wait until later.

We mostly talked over our art project that will take place on this upcoming Tuesday. We'll be decorating our young adult area with some cool homemade posters and bookmarks and all that. I'm excited, and they seemed excited, I think.

But they're teenagers, maybe they think it's totally lame and are humoring me.

I think making bookmarks would be fun. Got lots of cardstock stuff, will get them to do their own homemade designs, then laminate and cut them out. Just create like a stockpile of them in the YA are for people to use.

But again, they're teenagers, perhaps they think doing that and painting/sketching/etc posterboard and hanging it up is lame.

Guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

It was just one of those meetings, you know?

I don't know, maybe it was an off day for me or them or whatever, it just was weird. So I let them out like 10 minutes early after touring the YA area and the basement when I showed them our stock of supplies.

So the game helped, had a lot of fun and cheered loud.

Was amused that Oldest Sister and the King of Useless Knowledge - aka my eldest brother in law - were the loudest parents there.

After the game I bought some popcorn from my nephew - woohoo for fundraisers - and came home to watch The Voice. Some cool battle rounds tonight, all of my favorites that battled survived aka Aquile, Melanie and Celica.


Cassadee Pope


Trevin Hunte

Nicole Nelson

Aquile

Avery Wilson

Bryan Keith

Brandon Mahone

Michelle Brooks-Thompson

Adriana Louise

Collin Mcloughlin

Terisa Griffin

Suzanna Choffel

Nelly’s Echo – eliminated after first battle

Melanie Martinez

Gracia Harrison

Celica Westbrook

Mycle Wastman

Mackenzie Bourg

2Steel Girls – eliminated after first battle

Joe Kirkman


Think I'm up to 10,11,12 in videos so that puts me with Collin, Terisa and Suzanna - all on Team Blake now that Collin got saved after a battle elimination against Bryan Keith.

Wild World - Collin McLoughlin
first one i bought off itunes this season, awesome cover


Someone Like You - Terisa Griffin
my favorite blake moment of the season, gotta watch this one, she's hysterical
"just punch me in the face and get it over with"


Landslide - Suzanna Choffel
reminds me a bit of juliet simms
she's great. no smoke and mirrors here.


Out for the night.

Maybe some sleep with knock me back from this off-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment