I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, October 27, 2012

one without a permanent scar...

Big Husker victory tonight against Michigan, woohoo!

Brett Maher is back in action, redeeming himself for those previous missed field goals. Must have had Wheaties for breakfast.

Our defense really stepped it up, especially in the second half causing a lot of turnovers.

I watched the game with the boyfriend. We went out for half of it - steak and shrimp was great - and stayed in for the rest. I attempted to not yell at the TV as often as I do on my own or with my family.

Though I'm not quite as bad as my brother, but I explained that last week.

Anyway, glad to have a win since they were our last rated opponent and now we're at the top of the Legends Division of the Big 10. Next up Michigan State @ Michigan State. Should be interesting.

The game/dinner with the boyfriend came at the end of what was a pretty uneventful Saturday at the library. I checked my work mail this morning and saw like 6 new incident reports from yesterday alone, and since it was a home game I was expecting more, but the most rowdy the library got was when this one did wanted to talk to my supervisor about some expired hold fees.

And then he was fine.

I did fill out a program planning sheet and come up with a flyer for an upcoming TAB event. We're hopefully going to do some fun stuff with the community in a couple weeks, but we'll see what The Powers That Be have to say about it. Fingers crossed as my kids are excited about it - totally their idea - more on that later.

I did get to work twice with my Trainee which was fun as we never get scheduled together, and twice with BossLady who again dissed my shoe choice.

I LIKE THESE SHOES. I don't care that they're falling apart and their laces don't stay tied. I cut them twice already. But now there is a giant hole - well, in both of them - but in one especially to the point where my sole sticks out of the side and if I were to step in a puddle I'd be screwed. As Oldest Sister once told me, "I'm not going to stop praying for rain just because your feet are gonna get wet."

But I wore the last pair - the same brand and style but blue instead of grey - until they fell apart completely.

I have this weird quirk where I own a lot of shoes because I like shoes. Yet I wear the exact same pair every day until they die horrible deaths. I drag my feet which kills the bottoms of the shoes and the backs of them since they're rubbing against my heel. It always ends the same no matter what the brand or style - with holes in padding in the back and uneven soles due to the dragging, plus some tearing along the stitching.

I have no idea where I'm going with this or how I got here in the first place. Let me scroll up.

Oh right, so yes, BossLady made fun of my shoes SO I'm pulling out the duct tape! Just for survival sake.

And though I will no longer be able to wear them to work - while good conversation starters they wouldn't be very professional looking - I will still be able to wear them to things like church softball, and around the farm.

Shoes.

Shoes.

Shoes.

Oh my god, shoes.

Liam Kyle Sullivan.

Whoa. Flashbacks to Youtube hits from the high school era.

I'd post it but it's wildly inappropriate.

Though I'm guessing anyone my age that's reading this knows exactly the video I'm referring to.

So I will instead direct you to this one as the song has been stuck in my head since listening to it this afternoon.

Even though I attempted to drown it out with two hours of Carrie Fisher's "Shockaholic" aka 1 disc on the way to the boyfriend's and 1 disc on the way back with 2 discs remaining. More on that later.

Drops of Jupiter - Train


That's right, a freeze-dried romance.

Look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment