I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

maybe it was memphis.

I hate it when creepers make up excuses to talk to me at the desk.

Though tonight's actually rather amusing because he had really bad timing.

Meaning Wordie and Queen of the Known Universe were there.

He looked around my age - anyway, comes up to the desk and goes, "how long have you lived her."

and of course I'm not gonna answer that so I ask why.

He claims that he just moved to the area and he wants to know where to meet new people.

Since I'm boring and don't go places I don't know the answer to that question so I turn to Wordie and ask, "Hey Wordie, what's a good place to meet people?"

and the look on the dude's face was hysterical. He went from all flirty to "aw crap."

Like he wasn't actually looking for an answer to that question but now he's stuck at the desk listening to people list off possible places.

Me not being one of them.

Queen of the Known Universe made it a point to say, "but you have an out-of-town boyfriend" letting him know that I'm not on the market - it was humorous.

So that was the highlight of the day.

I honestly don't know how the day flew by that fast. I did a wellness survey in the morning, used the copier and guillotine in the afternoon and worked on the desk in between.

After work the boyfriend came up. We watched The Voice.

I know, isn't he sweet.

Aaannd as I hoped, tonight's was much better than last nights. Blake's country team rocks and Shakira's got Sasha so she'll be in for the finals.

All 16 of the artists have performed the votes will be counted and then tomorrow night is the results show. Two artists from each team with the most votes stay and then the coach gets to save one other but the 4th goes home leading us into next week's top 12 performances.

After that I think they're going back to the competition as a whole like last year so anyone can go home regardless of team.

I think, at least.

I liked that last year. It didn't matter who's team you were on. Before the top four were always one member from each team but you lose quality singers because too many good ones were on one team.

Thought last year there were a lot more singers as well cause they went from 12 on each team to 16....now they're back to 12 that was far too many.

Alright, enough with the ramblings, on to the music.

Here are my favorites from tonight.

Maybe It Was Memphis - Danielle Bradbery


Shakira said it best, "holy crap."

I haven't heard this song in like a decade. Back when I still actually listened to country music.

But that's also back when there was actual country music to be listened to.



Oh Darling - Sasha Allen


Hard to top Juliet Simms' cover from season two but this definitely comes close.

so this next one wasn't as fantastic as these previous two but i feel i must post it because it's a family thing.

Meet In The Middle - Justin Rivers


and since apparently you find my family stories amusing here's another.

although i'm pretty sure I've posted it on here already.

Our family changes the words to songs frequently but this is the most famous.

anyway, so the refrain that they sing goes like this:
I'd start walking your way, 
You'd start walking mine. 
We'd meet in the middle 
'Neath that old Georgia pine. 
We'd gain a lot of ground 
Cause we'd both give a little. 
Ain't no road too long 
When you meet in the middle. 

but our version goes like this:
I start walking your way, 
You sit on the couch. 
We meet in the middle 
Because I'm such a grouch. 
We gain a lot of ground, 
Cause we both eat a little. 
You are the queen, 
But I'm, I'm just little. 

except when Second Sister sang it she sings:
You start walking my way, 
I sit on the couch. 
We meet in the middle 
Because you're such a grouch 
We gain a lot of ground, 
Cause we both eat a little. 
I am the queen, 
But you, you're just little. 

and points at me.

thanks for that btw.

My guess for tomorrow's results are:
For Adam - Amber Carrington and Sarah Simmons will be saved and that Adam will save Judith Hill sending Caroline home - which would suck cause i love her.
For Blake - Danielle will definitely be safe, along with Holly I'm hoping. He'll probably save the Swon Brothers sending Justin home.
For Shakira - Sasha is safe, no question along with probably Karina, I'm hoping at least. She'll save Garrett.
And then Usher - no question that Michelle is safe but the rest is a complete toss-up. I'm thinking VEDO will be safe and he'll save Josiah. Even though he completely sucked and Cathia is much better.

Enough about that, DID YOU WATCH SPLASH?!

okay *spoiler alert* but dude, did you see Nicole land on her back?! that had to hurt.

I picked Rory and Drake from the start so I'm glad they finished 1,3 and Nicole definitely deserved to make it to the finals, she was a major surprise.

And it was ironic that she needed saving by the lifeguards with those big red floatie things since the role everything knows her from is Baywatch where she played a lifeguard and saved people with those big red floatie things.

Drake turned into kind of a jerk toward the end of the season so I'm glad Rory pulled it off and got the trophy. It was cool to see all the stars come back and dive again.

As dumb as this concept is I'm still hoping for a second season.

Cause it's surprisingly addicting.

And I'm curious as to who would be brave enough after seeing all these injuries to join it for a second season.

Alright, I'm gonna crash. Already midnight and I'm attempting to stop going to bed at 2 cause it's messing with my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment