I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jack Harper, Tech 49

More Aide Training today.

She reminds me of my original high school roommate, looks just like her and is goofy as well.

Original meaning my first roommate.

Well, I guess there were two, but then the one got kicked out. Then another moved in and then I switched rooms and moved in with two others and then another moved in with us so I had...6 roommates throughout freshman year?

And then she went on to room with Juwanna - who was my last high school roommate - before ditching us for Texas.

My favorite memory of her is, okay so it was freshman year and I was super homesick and I think it was like the first or second week and she was trying to cheer me up so she put a box on her head - think she was unpacking or something - and started dancing.

So I pulled out my disposable camera and took a picture.

I don't know if she heard the click or saw the flash but she turned around, put her hands on her hips and just stared at me. Box on head.

It was hysterical.

Anyway, the new aide is great. She shelved today and tagged so I got to go through and pull them. Got all the books right so I was impressed.

Not bad for her first time, though she does work at a bookstore so I guess it wasn't all that surprising.

Work flew by pretty quickly. Afterwards I headed out to see the boyfriend.

We met up at the theater to see Oblivion.



Oh my god, so weird.

So, so weird.

I was intrigued but at the same time I was totally confused. But that was kind of the point I guess.

Scale of Awesome says about 7/10.

Entertainment Weekly said "We liked Oblivion better when it called Moon and starred Sam Rockwell."

So I checked out Moon to compare and contrast.

But it's already a step up because while I don't like Tom Cruise I love Sam Rockwell.

Not only cause he's Drew's friend - Charlie's Angels, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Everybody's Fine, etc. - but also for Seven Psychopaths, Iron Man 2, etc.

Here's the trailer for that:


holy crap, that's like dead on.

Anyway, after that we watched parts of Dark Shadows and Edward Scissorhands, I know Johnny Depp marathon, and then Napoleon Dynamite.

So it was a good day.

Am watching the Voice, only halfway through so not gonna post about that until tomorrow.

For now you're getting:

Crazy Women - LeAnn Rimes


love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment