I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'll make a note of it.

So apparently it's a crime against humanity that I've never seen the Jurassic Park movies.

So the boyfriend is taking me to see it in 3D this weekend.

Speaking of movies, I'm changing my Scale of Awesome rating for Warm Bodies to 8/10.

I liked it.

And upon further inspection, it deserves a higher rating.

Plus I was like rambling about it today to the New Girl - who has similar taste and we rec shows/movies back and forth all the time, got her hooked on Warehouse...well her, Queen of the Known Universe, Wordie, Infoman, the Wordsmith, etc.

It was good.

And I like the blonde chick - Teresa Palmer, had to look that one up - and then the main dude was the boy in About a Boy.

Rachel Weisz, Hugh Grant, if you haven't seen it look it up, it's amusing.

So today was good.

Much less stressful than yesterday's mass hysteria.

The Favorite Aunties and their husbands stopped by to pick up a book.

Gave them a tour, well of 2nd floor at least.

In the limited time I had before I had to move to the next desk.

But it was good to see them.

So that was the highlight of the workday.

Actually started the workday early, went in for training in the morning - constant software updates with our new system so we learned new search stuff.

Which I understood more about because of my cataloging class, huzzah.

Dig it.

And then of course the papers I wrote on Koha for my Info Tech class.

Coincidentally, the professor for that class is now our Assistant Director.

aka my Boss's Boss's Boss's assistant.

But it was good, learned some new stuff, wasn't a fan of it being so early but had to do it before opening.

And going in early meant I got to get off early so I did my fair share of errands tonight before crashing on the couch and watching The Voice, Castle, Bones - holy crap Claudia Donovan alert! sorry, Warehouse 13, I thought for sure they were going to make her the killer. I was like nooooooooo!!! not Claudia!! - and then Splash.

That show is getting even more interesting - I know, isn't it awful - but seriously, tonight they did team diving and dude, Drake Bell I love and Katherine Webb is cool so they did this synchronized dive called the "javelin". You gotta see it for yourselves...



I know, I know, it's ridiculous.

But I like him.

And I like Rory Bushfield - good god, they stuck him Kendra what's her name who *spoiler alert* chickened out on their dive and forfeited.

Which meant everyone moved on but her.

I would have been pissed if it effected him too.

Anyway, so I'm rooting for Rory and Drake.

And now Katherine, cause that was badass.

I was also productive tonight, in case you were like, holy crap that's a lot of TV, cause I did homework.

And made plans with Chief - an old friend - we're gonna get dinner on Thursday.

Tomorrow I'm going out to see the boyfriend.

Friday he's coming here.

Saturday is the music mentor's benefit thing.

Oh, and have I mentioned that I'm going on a motorcar ride with the boyfriend end of April?

Remember how I mentioned he has a slight obsession with trains?

Nothing I'm not used to.

If you know my dad you know what I'm talking about, I grew up surrounded by trains.

But the boyfriend - and his dad - have taken it to a whole new level, living next to the tracks and also buying, they're called Speeders.

Go here.

It's basically a big box that rides on the tracks.

He owns like 7 now.

Though in a couple weeks there will be more.

He's riding a train all the way out to Seattle to get more actually.

But that's more of a long story.

Anyway, so end of the month we're going to Iowa to ride one of them.

Am actually pretty excited about it.

Should be fun.

And I get to meet all of his railroad friends - which means he has to introduce me to one in particular.

Which I think he's avoiding, mostly because the friend gives him crap for dating me.

See, he knows my dad.

Well, everyone knows my dad - it's a whole train community thing - but anyway, he knows my dad (and refers to me as his daughter) and he knows that me and the boyfriend used to date.

I did mention that right?

We dated in high school?

And in college?

He took me to prom.

Reconnected after we'd both grown up a bit.

Yeah, yeah, I know aww.

Don't give me that girly crap, I'm already giddy enough at the moment.

Legitimately. Deliriously. Happy.

Which does not happen often for me.

So I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

But enough of that, has anyone watched the 100th episode of Psych?

Much better than the 100th episode of Castle I just watched, what was that? Seriously?

Anyway, Psych is basically a tribute to Clue.

Which is one of my favorite movies of all time.

And we've watched it at Teen Camp like 3 times, kind of a tradition much like Cosmo's War of the Planets.

There are so many great references, I love it!

If you're a Clue fan, check out this episode! It's probably up on USA's website by now since it actually aired like Wednesday.

Yep. It's up.

Has Scarlet and Green and Plum in it.

Plus Earl from 2 Broke Girls.

So many references, I love it!

Aww, a tribute to Madeline Kahn.

That makes me sad.

Mrs. White was my favorite character.

Funny story, my family used to play Clue and when you're not playing you pick the cards of the who, with what and where, you know?

And so I always picked the ones from the movie, like Mrs. White in the Billiard Room with the rope, etc.

So it was either Oldest Sister or King of Useless Knowledge, but they figured out that system and so they went around guessing the movie 'til they got it right.

Geez, I haven't played that game in forever.

Actually, there's an extended version that's even better.

Oldest Sister and King of Useless Knowledge actually own it and we used to play it all the time, me and the neighbor girl, whom I still talk to cause she's awesome. And she's getting married. And so is her brother. Which reminds me I need to RSVP for that online.

Anyway, the game was called Master Detective and it had more characters, like there was a Miss Peach and Madame Rose and Sargent Grey, and then there were more rooms like a Carriage House and all that.

I can't remember if there were more weapons too, but some of the weapon game pieces were missing so instead of Master Detective, we used to call it Master Defective.

"I'll make a note of it" was common reference.

Alright, on to the music before I find something else to ramble about.

More Blind Audition highlights.

I'm the Only One - Karina Iglesius


love adam and blake at the end.
and then telling shakira to shut up.
there's been a mega amount of spanish singing this year since Shakira joined the cast.


Seven Nation Army - Garrett Gardner

like this guy cause he came back after not making it last season.
loved adam's arm raise.
he'll make my top ten. probably won't win it but takes a lot of courage to come back.


To Make You Feel My Love - Holly Tucker

she's fantastic. def in my top ten.
"i think cowboy boots are great."

No comments:

Post a Comment