I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My McDonald's is cooler than your McDonald's.

Sure, I had to wait for my Southwest Chicken Salad - order same every time - but they gave me free icecream and a coupon for free food.

So, take that.

Aside from that today sucked.

I mean, work was alright.

And I'm okay now.

But between work and now has been ridiculous.

So remember my whole curtains thing?

And how I have them.

And they've been laying on my foosball table for two years now?

So, Mom bought me a rod attached to brackets that extend out farther than the blinds.

And at a glance it looked like it was long enough across, so I called and asked if tomorrow maintenance could come and set it up.

Then, upon further inspection, the rod is about 4 inches too short.

So, in a panic, I run to Lowe's.

But see, I already have a rod, I just don't have brackets that extend far enough away from the wall, so I figured I could buy longer ones and they would work with the rod that I have.

Turns out that the rod is too big for the brackets.

Like the divot isn't wide enough for the pole to lay in.

So then I had to go back and get another rod.

Turns out the rod I bought - when I went back - didn't extend long enough either.

So I had to go back again.

This time I bought a longer one, that extends and it fits in the brackets.

So there was much rejoicing.

After there was an excessive amount of four letter variety.

I'm sure my neighbors were alarmed.

But it's done now.

And Oldest Sister and Squirt made an appearance in support.

I gave her her Doctor Who Where's Waldo book I had ordered for her.

It's pretty exciting.

Gotta keep up the favorite aunt status.

Anyway, I had all these plans that I was going to clean the apartment and then start some homework but since I'm was so frustrated I probably would have broken things or wrote nothing but angst I figured I'd take the night off and do it tomorrow.

Don't have to go in until 4, so from the time I'm up, the time I go to work - for 2 hours - and then after 'til the time I go to bed I have to write up the presentation for Thursday.

10 minute speech, I can ramblenation it.

The undergrads find me amusing.

Not sure why.

But they're grading us.

Sort of.

So I'll be informative and charming and fly through it.

After I like puke beforehand cause I hate public speaking.

Literally makes me nauseous and like shaking and all that.

Which is weird, cause I did drama in high school.

And I was in English major in college which meant a lot of presentations.

And now I work in public service.

But still, I hate it.

Just makes me nervous.

I don't remember what else I was going to talk about, let me scroll up.

Salad, curtains, Lowe's, family, grad school, oh right, work.

So yeah, work was alright, I guess.

Typical Sunday.

Except I was supposed to train 3 GoPo's today, but only 1 showed up.

Not my problem.

It's their responsibility to get their 20 hours of volunteering done by May. If they don't show up for a preapproved time, then it's on them to set up another, or find somewhere else to volunteer.

The one I had was fantastic.

Did some computer stuff, then ran a Lost in Transit list...

Which is basically a list of stuff that went missing during delivery from branch to branch.

Most things were improperly checked in.

Or never made it to delivery in the first place.

Either way they go on a list and we have awesome volunteers who run them.

Lost in Transit.

That was gonna be our band name at the home branch.

Pretty sure that's in here somewhere...oh yeah: Joe Studley and the Lost In Transit

He still hates that nickname.

Wow, when posts were short.

What happened to those days anyway?

Makes me want to look over my old stuff and figured out if that was a rare occurrence or when all this rambling was triggered.

I know, I know, at birth. Shutup.

Speaking of birth, Mom came in today.

Brought me my jacket.

That I left at the music mentor's benefit yesterday.

Funny story, so I left my jacket there, yeah, but see I always keep my wallet in my jacket pocket.

But for some weird reason that morning I took my wallet out of my jacket pocket and put it in my pants pocket instead.

Which I never do.

So someone was watching out for me, cause I wouldn't have gotten far without that.

What else from today?

Got to work with some cool people. Team Awesome was reunited for a few hours....Queen of the Known Universe won, ugh, in our stats competition. Think she beat me by like 3 points, but to be fair she did have like 30 minutes more public service than me cause I was training the GoPo. Who knows, I could have gotten 4 points in those 30 minutes and then I would've dominated.

I already owe people candybars cause stupid Louisville beat my Shockers.

Ugh.

Oh well, I figured Louisville will win it all after they beat Duke like they did. Injury and all.

But Wordie is all for Michigan so we'll see how that goes.

Alright, and that was my day, so let's skip to the music so I can crash.

Hoping maintenance doesn't get here at 8AM tomorrow.

Setting my alarm for 9.

Now watch, they won't get here 'til 2.

Hurt So Good - Carly Rae Jepsen

i know, i know, but it's catchy. not as catchy as call me maybe, but close.

No comments:

Post a Comment