I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, April 6, 2013

"I hate trees." "They don't bother me." "You weren't in the last one!"

I know, I know, I skipped yesterday.

But you probably enjoyed the vacation.

We went to see Jurassic Park in 3D - cause I had never and apparently that's a crime against humanity - and was way passed midnight by the time I got back.



Was awesome in 3D, Scale of Awesome says 8/10. Dinosaurs seemed pretty realistic. The boyfriend says this is before the computer animated era so they were all robots.

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite quotes so far:


Dr. Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: [as they escape the T-Rex chasing after them in the Jeep] You think they'll have that on the tour?

Ray Arnold: Hold on to your butts.

Tim: What do you call a blind dinosaur?
Dr. Alan Grant: I don't know. What do you call a blind dinosaur?
Tim: A Do-you-think-he-saurus.
Dr. Alan Grant: Ha ha. Good one.
Tim: What do you call a blind dinosaur's dog?
Dr. Alan Grant: You got me.
Tim: A Do-you-think-he-saurus Rex.

Dr. Ian Malcolm: Occasionally. Yeah, I'm always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm.

So that was fun. And today was fun as well. Benefit for the Music Mentor. She couldn't make it and spent it in the hospital instead. 

Not good. 

But we sang some camp songs and they called her and put it on speakerphone. Almost cried when they told us her reaction. 

A bit off key but I'll take it. 

So we started with Someday, did a few she wrote, then some hymns and praise hymnal stuff, and then our finale was There's a Hole in the Bucket. Don't ask. 

Afterwards I watched the Red/White game. Dad had no interest but picked Nebraska to win it. 

Big guess there since it's Nebraska vs. Nebraska. 

And if you ever thought the Huskers were cocky or that they are obsessed with winning then you got nothin' on this game. Jack aka Team Rex made an appearance. He's a kid with cancer, and went in for a play. They gave him the ball and the whole red team surrounded him as he ran for a touchdown. 

So he's officially in the stats book with 69 yards. 

Check this. 


So cute.

Anyway, watched some NCIS afterward, stopped by the boyfriend's place on the way back. Ended up going to dinner with his parents and then picking up locks at walmart. 

Mmmm cheesesticks... was fun.

Alright, should really crash now. Working tomorrow.

Clip of the night:

that's a lot of props.

one of my many favorite parts of the show.


and i'm out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment