I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nothing says romance quite like riding motorcars in Iowa.

So here's how I spent my weekend.



Riding motorcars in Iowa with the boyfriend.



Met a lot of cool people, these two were my favorites.



Steve is the boyfriend's good friend and his girlfriend is super nice. We talked a lot, was good to have another girl out there.

Surprisingly there were a few others as well. One brought cookies and lent me one of those cool reflector jackets when we went on the night run.

I was stylin'.

Here are some of my favorite shots and videos from the weekend:



The picture doesn't do it justice, but that's like 150 feet below us.

Here's a video.



No pressure whatsoever, right?



Only 150 feet.

That was actually only one of the bridges.

The other you can see here.


That part was my favorite.

Here are some other cool shots of some fun scenery.



some dude actually carved 3 of these, but only 2 of the trees are still standing.

jammed out on the tracks for a while so i took some nature shots.



gotta love creeks.

there was a lot of good scenery on this one.



My favorite part was probably the night ride.

And it was the boyfriend's as well, what he looked forward to all day really.



That is literally all you can see when you're on the bridge. AND THEN he turned the light off!!

Punk.

But I survived.

Downloaded an audio book on my iPod in case I got bored but didn't listen to a word of it. Just jammed to some music as we went.

No, it was a lot of fun.

And I think I did better than he thought I would.

Like the World's of Fun post here: The Difference Between If and When

Anyway, I had fun.

We left Friday night after work - I got off at 4, we took off around 5. He had it loaded onto a trailer behind a pickup. We listened to a variety of music on the way out there and back but there were a lot of repeats. I lost count how many times we heard "It Will Rain", "Daylight", "Drive-by", anything by Taylor Swift and that stupid don't you worry, don't you worry song.

Another thing we have in common, hatred for Swedish House Mafia.

They had some weird commercials in Iowa, what's a "naked burrito bar"?

Stopped at Culver's for supper and rolled into Boone at about 10:30.

Woke up at 6:30 AM.

The boyfriend made me a waffle.

He thinks it's funny that I'm not a morning person.

Making fun of the fact that someone is not a morning person does not turn them into a morning person.

Headed over to the railroad soon after where I met Steve and Donnie.

He was hilarious and she was a Godsend.

Everyone there was really nice. They talked train jargon so fast I basically just kept my mouth shut. But I caught on eventually.

So we rode twice in the morning, took a break for lunch. We hit up a cafe with Steve and Donnie, got breakfast for lunch, gotta love it, then headed back for a couple more rides. After that we had to take a break cause they were running a dinner train through so we went out for ice cream then checked in at our hotel.

Oh yeah, we stayed at 2 different hotels cause everywhere was pretty booked up.

Then headed back for an evening run...which then led to a night run.

Super dark and super cool.

But there were only 2 of us by then. People tend to disappear after the morning run and then filtered out from there.

But the boyfriend likes when there are less people because then you can go faster.

Lot of hurry up and wait stuff.

Men are chatty.

Donnie and I laughed at that. They talk about women talking, they're the ones holding up traffic.

But it was amusing.

After the night run it was back to the hotel, slept in, stopped for lunch at Pizza Hut - listened to a woman describe in great detail the Kaley Cuoco car commercials - and back to Nebraska.

He headed home right away cause he went into work tonight.

Crazy.

And I should really crash cause I'm exhausted so I'll hit you with some quotes and then I'm out.

Quotes of the Trip:

The boyfriend: You can't drive like a nice guy when you live in a big city. You have to fit in with everyone else and drive like a jerk. 
aw, he's so nice.

The boyfriend: Who doesn't know Mahna Mahna?
he did a lot of Mahna Mahna-ing whilst we rode. We had the headphones so we could actually hear each other. There were a few Airplane! references in there as well.

Steve: "Good" and "McDonald's" don't fit in a sentence together, it's an oxymoron. Unless it's a breakfast burrito or snackwrap. 
speaking of Oxymorons, we passed a Dodge Ram on the way home. Can you both Dodge and Ram at the same time?

All-in-all it was a good trip.

Except when I lost a ring.

One with a lot of memories behind it.

I know, what is it with me losing important stuff while on vacation with him?

So there goes my fake engagement ring.

Left a piece of myself in Boone Iowa, good god.

Told him he'd have to buy me a replacement.

We'll see about that.

Music and I'm out.

Nothing but the Taillights - Clint Black


song actually came up on my iPod during the night run. gotta love the irony cause really that's all we could see.

22 - Taylor Swift


cause i had already posted the other songs that played on repeat. aside from that freakin' SHM one.

never ever.

but see the 22 i'm used to listening to is lily allen's.


love her.

and just cause i think it's funny:

here's 32


it's driving me nuts cause i swear i know that blonde from something.




out.

No comments:

Post a Comment