I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"i'll be back to kill your spiders..."

intro for the speech i need to memorize for tomorrow:


Thesis: Special Librarians Dominate Dewey by Cataloging for Their Customers Instead of Other Librarians.

Let me start this off by saying, I have nothing against Dewey. I think it’s a great organizational system that has been constantly evolving through time and that’s why we still use it. However, Dewey is not customer friendly, it’s overwhelming. You’ve got baby name books shelved in the middle of the geography and history section. You’ve got mythology lodged between law and political science.

Can someone please explain to me why those items have been put together?!

Without the help of a catalog even veteran librarians sometimes have trouble finding items.

But Librarians are innovators man.

We rise above.

We take the improbable and make it possible.

We are all that and a bag of potato chips.

But there’s something to be said for special librarians. As a public librarian – well, a Library Service Associate – I enjoy the variety of material and patron base that I get to work with on a daily basis. But in a special library it’s very different. Each special library has a specific patron base they focus on. They choose their collection based on the needs of that patron base, not based on what other librarians say they should have in their collections.


have been finalizing speech all night. finished the powerpoint, now it's just about memorization. the most of which will probably take place tomorrow. i'm gonna record it and then listen to it over and over throughout the day. that's how i learned the zombies vs. unicorns speech here: Impromptu speech writing

you'll get the rest of this one tomorrow. 

Quote of the day: 
I have spiders, I think. 
Anyway, the exterminator came to the apartment, but I kept calling him the "terminator" to which Info-man replied in a Schwarzenegger accent, "I'll be back to kill your spiders..." 

yes, i know, short post, but like i mentioned, huge day tomorrow and gotta record my speech. 

i did was Splash. glad Katherine made it through to another day. i've really been surprised by nicole eggert, but i'm still rooting for drake and rory. and have since the beginning, so stoked they're the top two. and then i added katherine on my root for list cause of last week's dive. and i like brandi because she was an alternate and came in an dominated. 

i know, i know, it's an awful show. seriously awful, but it's a good relaxing show that takes me to a zen place. 

moving on to music:

soooo much spanish this year!


last year it was julio and he was the first in the series, now it's everywhere!

Como la Flor - Mary Miranda


worth watching purely for shakira's reaction at 1:12.
"that's the real spicy dip!"
literally the only song i remember from Selena.


Good Girl - Amber Carrington


my team is full.
blake's ticked.

Dreams - Jacqui Sandell


it's like Juliet Simms-light. but she's good. and it's a good song.



out!

No comments:

Post a Comment