I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm going to grandma's house and I'm bringing an abactor.

Now that's what I call a day off.

Grad school meeting this morning.

Comps review.

I don't take them 'til the fall but that's part of GA duties.

Met at a coffee shop, of course.

Got my usual chai tea latte in a to-go-cup.

Was there fairly early so played some hearts and jammed out in the corner.

After the meeting I came back, made some stir fry for lunch - okay so I poured a bag of stir fry into the skillet, heated it and then ate it but that counts as making it, right? - watched GI Joe - cause I will at some point see the sequel - and then took a nap.

It was glorious.

After that I turned on the SVU marathon - they have those a lot on USA, on the weekends its always either that or NCIS - added a fun word game to Facebook and did some writing.

The word game has exploded, thanks to some fun friends. Basically I say a statement and then a person says what's already on the list and then adds something of their own in alphabetical order.

So I started with: I'm going to grandma's house and I'm bringing an abactor.

Right now it's at:
I'm going to Grandma's and I'm bringing an abactor, a bridge, cribbage, a dolphin, eggplant, a feather duster, Gary Coleman, a horse, an ice sculptor, jello, Kalua, llamas, marshmallows, napkins, orange juice, pipe and a question.

and I'm going to add:
I'm going to Grandma's and I'm bringing an abactor, a bridge, cribbage, a dolphin, eggplant, a feather duster, Gary Coleman, a horse, an ice sculptor, jello, Kalua, llamas, marshmallows, napkins, orange juice, pipe, a question and a renegade.

Will go well with my abactor.

I know you're all running for a dictionary.

It's actually highly entertaining, will have to do some more.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, the writing.

Mostly Sketch and Edit.

But I'm not allowed to post them until I send physical copies to Sketch.

Or she would drive all the way out here just to beat me up.

Then get in the car and drive back so she could teach the next day.

Apparently her boyfriend, whom I shall call Plant Man - which makes sense but only if you've read Sketch and Edit's - found the SnE binder but she wouldn't let him see it.

Good plan.

Though they are all on here.

I should make a master list post with them all linked.

In order.

They're so scattered on here you'd have to dig through a bunch of pages just to find them.

And they go in spurts.

As I said, have to wait until I mail her some and I usually don't until I have a bunch.

Right now I have 4.

2 of which I'm still working on.

Well, I keep changing the others ones too.

But that's my fatal writing flaw, I'm always going back and fixing things.

Cause I don't like them.

And I never let anyone read my stuff, unless it's for a class.

But that was part of the deal. I had to write her stuff or she wouldn't draw me pictures anymore.

And thus Sketch and Edit was born.

And that was my day.

Oh, I did talk to Sketch for a couple hours tonight as well.

And the boyfriend is driving and will be home late late late tonight.

Which means I get to see him tomorrow.

Woohoo!

I know, I'm boring.

But it was an awesome day off.

Now I'm watching Bloopers.

I really hate Dean Cain.

He's so obnoxious.

And the hidden camera stuff makes me cringe.

But it's the closest to World's Dumbest I can get.

Without actually owning Tru TV.

Yep, gonna have to go up one so I can get Big Ten as well.

Alright, like I said, I'm boring so I'm gonna post some music and then crash.

Bad Moon Rising - CCR

Fun fact: apparently the refrain in the chorus is commonly misheard as "there's a bathroom on the right." So much so that Fogerty has sang it that way live for fun.

i remember karaoke-ing it with Delayed...Reaction - aka myself, Cory and then MAK who we wrote GADE for so she became a band member, and on the screen it showed "i hear the voice of raging ruin" and we all paused and went, "what the hell's a raging ruin?"

Hope you all had a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment