I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Order Raisin Bran on a date, move ahead 3 spaces.

It's crazy to see that one post on here has gotten over 2000 hits in 7 months.

Ridiculous.

Second highest is only 500-something.

Both movie-related, gotta love it.

So, spent the night relaxing and finishing up the newsletter for tomorrow's meeting with the Library Goddess.

Originally I was going to go see the boyfriend but he is sick.

Which means, I'm sure, that I soon will be sick.

Which sucks cause I just got done being sick.

I'm just hoping it's either before or after this weekend, cause I'm not missing the benefit on Saturday.

The relaxation was good. Finishing up watching the Winter X Games, yeah I know, I'm way behind. But I got distracted by library DVDs and The Voice.

But can you blame me, really?

Oh, those of you who aren't fans probably can, but whatever.

You don't know what you're missing.

Felt super accomplished and old today.

Bought supplies for the teen summer reading programs for our library - in charge of setting them up and leading them and all that.

Makes me feel as if I almost have some aspect of power.

But that'll be gone by tomorrow I'm sure.

Going over supplies has gotten me excited again for our programs. Library Golf sounds especially exciting, but I'm hoping the others get attendance too. We're decorating jars and making board games based on our favorite books.

I did it in college with Pride and Prejudice, but I rambled to you about that already.

I'm stoked.

Gonna have to pick a book of my own to make an example board.

"Silver Linings Playbook" is probably a bad idea.

"Go to mental institution. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200." 

Though I do like "Order Raisin Bran on a date, move ahead 3 spaces."

Women's Murder Club is also probably a bad idea.

Even though it is my favorite book series.

Oh, how about "He's Just Not That Into You".

That might make for a fun game.

But not one I'd want to play with teenagers.

Hmmm...I'll put it up for debate, what book do you think would make for a cool board game?

And don't say "Hunger Games".

I love it, but I already have pictures of that to show the kids.

Anyway, I have templates for them to use, but they'll create their own boards, game pieces, dice, currency, rules and all that.

Should be fun.

Carter is already konked out next to me.

I was close to that before I started posting.

Need to crash soon since I have early morning meeting with the Library Goddess before work tomorrow.

Working on our last newsletter, sad day.

Can't believe I'll already be done with GA stuff in May.

Which means I'll have to break down and buy my own iPad.

Ugh.

Haha, you know, I didn't think I would use one until they gave me one.

And now I want one.

Quite handy.

Alright, what else from today?

Um, did more training for the new chick.

Who got Slim Shady's job.

And has yet to be nicknamed.

She came over from one of the branches and now her job is open.

Until like Friday.

So we'll see how that goes.

She's cool so far but it's hard to live up to Slim Shady.

Aaannd that's all I really remember about today. Summer Reading supply stuff, training, more training, oh got Amigos for lunch, that was good. Um, finished Murder in Suburbia season one....ummm....oh the cops showed up when we were closing. Some dude called the cops from our courtesy phone. Not because of anything we did, don't worry. He just needed to be picked up before he did something stupid. Made for an interesting walk to the parking lot with the cops there.

Had to not jaywalk in front of them.

Cause that would have been bad.

Not quite as bad as getting pulled over in your sister's driveway with family right behind you, but still bad.

Alright, on to the music.

More Voice Audition Highlights

I Kissed a Girl - Michelle Chamuel


"question eyebrows"
i love this chick, she's awesome. nerd power.

Loca - Monique Abbadie


this chick is badass. that was one of shakira's, if you didn't figure that out from her look of shock in the beginning, or singing and dancing along.
"but my resume is sparkling." "oh really?"
"wow, that was all you got?" "yes adam, i don't wanna waste everybody's time, she's picking shakira, now shut up!"
"all in favor that she pick shakira raise your hand."

Colder Weather - Warren Stone


that's a first.


out!

pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment