I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, April 18, 2013

and i'm crazy but you like it

Today was pretty much as dead as yesterday.

This whole storms and bad weather has thrown off our customer base.

I'm blaming the boyfriend cause it all started the day he left.

Luckily he gets back on Monday.

Which means I should attempt to get as much homework done this weekend as possible.

Speaking of homework, have a big assignment due Saturday at 10PM but am lacking the motivation.

Instead of researching - which I have started so I'm not completely blindsided - I watched Cashmere Mafia.

aka another series I was addicted in 2007 that didn't last longer than a season.

Here are a few of my favorite lines so far:

Zoe: "I mean she's like Business Barbie."

Mia: "Oh my god good or oh my god bad?"
Caitlyn: "Oh my god crap."

Juliet: "How do you take your coffee? My treat."
Cilla: "Light, no arsenic."

Mia's Mom: "and his mother says he's very handsome."
Mia: "Oh like that's not the kiss of death."
Mia's Mom: "and he wants to meet you for coffee at 5 today."
Mia: "what? MOM?!"

Caleb: "More powerful than ever, more beautiful than ever, an unstoppable ascension to the pinnacle of perfection."

Zoe: "Oh great, we're being summoned by a woman wearing a velour tracksuit."

Zoe: "The woman fed my children tofu while I watched."
Juliet: "She's a monster."

Mia: "You're a brain surgeon." *laughs*
Jason: "Is that funny?"
Mia: "No, it's great it's just that you don't really meet brain surgeons you know unless there's something scary inside your head. Other than the voice of your boss or your mother."
Jason: "Should I crack it open and take a look?"
Mia: "That's more of a second date thing for me."

*comparing scars*
Mia: "Bike messenger 23rd and Madison."
Jason: "Baby stroller 81st and Columbus."
Mia: "You got nailed by an upper west side stroller mommy?"
Jason: "Hey those women use their strollers as battering rams. Plowed right through me so she could get a Korean frozen yogurt."

Caitlyn: "and I have a thing on Saturday."
Zoe: "What do you mean a 'thing'?"
Juliet: "I get nervous when she says 'thing'."
Mia: "The last 'thing' ended with a slurred 3AM 'come and pick me up I don't know where I am' panic call."
Caitlyn: "it was an Italian restaurant in Nolita and I forgot what it was called."
Mia: "It was called Burritoville and it was in the meat-packing district but close."


and then my personal favorite:

Caitlyn: "My life is like a romantic comedy. Except it's never romantic. Or comedic. My life is nothing like a romantic comedy."

Just a few out of the many good ones. Interesting to see where these characters are now or have been in since. Even Juliet's daughter was in Zero Hour, I knew I knew her from something!


Anyway, it's cool. I'll have all of tomorrow night and then Saturday before I have to post it.

It's just gonna be like last time. I'll sit in the same spot for 4 hours and do it all at once. Gotten pretty good at that. For this class anyway.

Defiantly ready for a break.

So that and discussion boards tomorrow.

Plus you know real actual work.

What happened today at work?

Read more Silver Linings Playbook. Slowly working my way through, don't want it to end. Still listening to Warm Bodies.

Both awesome movies and excellent books.

That's all I remember. Nothing big. Spent a lot of time working with BossLady. Oh, trained a new volunteer who has actual library experience and wants to shelve Youth Services. Actually used the word "adore" as in I would "adore to" shelve Youth Services.

and that's all I got.

Just so tired lately, really need to sleep so here's this then I'm out.

I can hear Sketch's voice in my head. Put down the remote...

Loca - Shakira


love it. had to watch it just to see what she does at 2:08 cause she got so into that line when Monique sang it for blind audition.

here, watch 1:04


Monique Abbadie, pretty impressive. can't wait for her battle rounds, guessing she'll be paired off with like Cathia or Mary Miranda cause they had similar songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment