I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

you're gonna miss me by my walk, you're gonna miss me by my talk...

Rollercoaster of a day.

Counted money in the morning, updated the TAB website, worked the desks, interesting conversations about book preferences with Queen of the Known Universe, read Silver Linings Playbook on break, got soup for lunch, watched more Total Wipeout UK, worked more desks, checked in holds, sorted carts, read more SLP on break, then worked desks yet again.

I'm really loving Silver Linings Playbook.

Quote of the Day: "Question Four: When are you going to bring home that broad you're always running with?"

And Warm Bodies.

Oh, did I mention I got that on CD?

So I'm reading SLP during the day but I listen to Warm Bodies on the way to and from work. Right now I'm on disc two.

Book is super different from movie on that one.

As is SLP, but not this drastic.

Like the movie better on that one but that could change as I'm only two discs in.

Both good reads.

And getting me back into reading.

I haven't really read anything that's not class related since college.

Which is ironic as I work in a library.

But see, I'm surrounded by books all day, the last thing I wanna do when I get home is read one.

Told that to my sister who is a pharmacist who says she understands. It's not like she goes home and does drugs.

Anyway, seeing these movies has brought back my urge to read things that aren't textbooks or articles so I'm actually having fun with it.

No, seriously, I think the last novel I read for something other than homework was one of the Castle books.

The second one I think - I own the third but haven't started it - but that's gotta be a few years.

And it's not like I don't read, I can't say that, I do read my friend's work that I edit, and need to work more on that - and I do have a book copy now that she's officially published, but like other than that I'm really lax on my reading.

And I should work on that.

I just have other things going on at the moment.

Well, passed couple years of moments.

With work and family and the boyfriend and friends and classes stuff got back-burnered.

So I'm bringing it back.

Or maybe this is just because the boyfriend is gone and I'm bored so it's temporary.

We shall see I guess.

I have no idea where I was going before this tangent...

Oh right, today, yes it was good. Work was slow but that's fine. After work went out to dinner with the sisters.

Lots of fun, ate some great Indian food.

Had my usual chicken tikka, half of which is in the fridge.

Interesting cause we can have really crappy days and then dinner just heals all.

But we're goofy like that.

Most of the conversations I can't repeat, or won't repeat.

Never boring.

Now I'm back at the apartment with my big fat cat.

He's half asleep next to me. Keeps rolling over and staring at me waiting for me to lay down so he can finally fall asleep.

I'm working on it!


Anyway, I just felt like crap today, thinking it was the weather. Like dead tired.

Helped Superwoman make this blockade thing around the men's bathroom cause they're fixing our usual one and like getting up on this chair and back down was like, okay, don't konk out in front of your boss.

She will take points away for style.

But our rock display did turn out to be pretty kickass.


Dinner woke me up.

Now I'm zonked again.

But with good reason as it is already midnight.


Alright, on to the music.

Well this is interesting...one of my favorite soundtracks has now lead to a music video?! But there's a bunch of controversy around who was the originator.

Anna Kendrick never claimed to be, just throwing that out there.

Here's the progression:

Started way back in 1937, called "Miss Me When I'm Gone" performed by the J.E. Mainer Mountaineers


after that came Charlie Monroe's cover


so you add those to this clip from Full House:


and it gives you this by Lulu and the Lampshades:


then Anna Burden covered it and made it huge on reddit:





and after watching it 50 times Anna did this:


and she talks about that here:

(all worth it for the look she gives him at 1:49)

and now suddenly we're here?


there's a radio version available on iTunes, does that mean it's gonna get air-play?



2 comments:

  1. Not entirely true. I often go home and do tylenol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that was a direct quote from like 2 years ago...

    ReplyDelete