I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The D is silent.

Okay, I've found a new obsession.

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

First it was The Voice.

Then it was falling asleep to Storage Wars.

Then it was falling asleep to home remodeling shows.

Now it's DDD.

What the crap is with this reality kick?

I hate reality TV.

Which I blame on my father.

With his newfound love of Swamp People, Ax Men, Duck Dynasty, oh there's more, what are the other ones, umm Big Shrimping.... the O'Reilly Factor.

Okay so that's news.

Well, "news"

More dramatic than others.

There's more but I can't remember them.

I posted on here ages ago his DVR lineup.

See if I can find it.

Ha, here it is.

American Pickers.

Pawn Stars.

American Restoration.

He was hooked on like was it Orange Choppers or something like that?

That motorcycle show?

Anyway, something is seriously wrong.

But it's okay, I've been watching a lot of movies to make up for it.

Last night the boyfriend returned.

Picked him up at the truck place and drove him back here where we watched Django Unchained and Game Change.

I know, a rather random combination, but it worked.

Here's Django.


if you're not gonna watch the movie you should at least watch this next clip.



apparently my brother loved it.

Scale of Awesome says about 7/10.

It was entertaining.

And even though it was long it was worth it.

I really like Christoph Waltz and it was interesting to see him play a good guy.

Cause he does that like never.

And Jamie Foxx was pretty great.

After that was Game Change.


this movie totally gave me pause.

like, was this a complete dramatization or was she really that ridiculous?

If you are a fan of politics.

Okay, no one's a fan of politics, let's go with, if you like controversy.

Okay, no bad again, how about if you like political controversy?

Does that work? If they're combined?

It shouldn't, but it does.

Then this is the movie for you.

Totally makes me think about what could have happened.

Scale of Awesome says 8/10, I was totally intrigued by the whole movie.

And since that didn't get over until like 3 and he wasn't going in to work he slept in and brought me my keys.

Queen of the Known Universe missed him yet again, as did Wordie.

HOWEVER...

So we're standing by the door and I see Superwoman going to talk to the guards and I'm thinking, oh here we go...

Cause she calls him "Stude" which I think is hilarious.

He was the "York Dude" and then it just evolved, anyway, so now it's Stude. So she came over and asked if he was "Stude".

Then after I walked him out and came back in she was like, "he's good looking!"

I died.

But he is.

Total Stud.

Total Stude.

Love it.

Anyway, work was kind of slow, but that helped.

After work I had an online meeting with my professor. I have to do an online presentation and even though I have the presentation done - I know, shocking, like months in advance and it's done - I don't know anything about the software so she basically went over it with me.

Feel much better about it now.

Now it's just about signing up for times to present and all that.

Week 15.

Basically the first week of May.

Which is also when my last assignment for Internet Reference is due.

But that's fine, cause like I said, it's done.

I just have to go over my notes so I can figure out what to say.

It's pretty much self-explanatory.

Well, what's become self-explanatory for me.

My topic is Diversity in Young Adult Programming.

Of which I've had a lot of time to work with lately.

And it was really easy.

Like, I knew where to look for sources, I already had ideas for programming on my own, I was actually excited about this topic.

Which is probably why it was done months in advance.

Getting pumped for our summer reading events.

Library Golf is gonna kick my ass, but it's gonna be worth it.

Alright, back to DDD. Here's your music.

Burning Love - Midas Whale vs. Patrick Dodd


gotta love the Battle Rounds.

My Top Twenty is still looking pretty good.

Here's my lineup after the battles.

Red = Adam
Green = Blake
Blue = Usher
Purple = Shakira


Judith Hill - Adam, defeated Karina
Jess Kellner - Usher, defeated Taylor
Midas Whale - Adam, defeated Patrick
Caroline Glaser - Blake, lost to Taylor stolen by Adam
Monique Abbadie - Shakira, defeated Luke

Sasha Allen - lost battle, stolen by Shakira
Michelle Chamuel - Usher, defeated Chelsea
Sarah Simmons - Adam, defeated Duncan
Christian Porter - Blake, eliminated during battles
Jessica Childress - Usher, eliminated during battles

Jeff Lewis - Usher, eliminated during battles
Jacqui Sandell - Blake, eliminated during battles
Karina Iglesius - stolen by Shakira
Holly Tucker - Blake, defeated Michelle
Garrett Gardner - Shakira, defeated J'Sun

Danielle Bradbery - Blake, defeated Caroline
Amber Carrington - Adam, defeated Sasha
Savannah Berry - Blake, defeated Jacqui
Josiah Hawley - Usher, defeated Jeff
Audrey Karrasch - Usher, defeated Jamila


Next week, Knockout Rounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment