I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, April 12, 2013

cause somewhere in the crowd there's you...

I was totally productive today.

Even on my day off.

You'd be proud.

Picked up the boyfriend's car from the train station - Oldest Sister drove me and gave me a cookie for breakfast.

Set up a dentist's appointment for May - you know how much I hate those with my history.

But so far, not famous at this office.

At least not to my knowledge.

So that's something.

Go here: Famous @ the Dentist Office

Got Arby's for lunch.

Took a nap.

Okay, so I wasn't totally productive.

Watched like 3 discs of SVU season 13?

I think?

I don't know I've gotten them all through ILL but I've had this one requested since October. So it's whatever the latest season on DVD is.

Ya, 13.

I figured I'd hate it cause it doesn't have Stabler, but the new ones aren't so bad.

I would, however, protest if Benson quit.

Munch isn't in it as much. Did you know Richard Belzer's played that character in like 4 TV series?

Wow, more than four if you count cameo's.... John Munch on IMDB

Anyway, after my nap and SVU break I did a ton of homework.

Mostly for Diversity in Libraries.

Frustrating as it was.

We're in groups of 4 and we each had to come up with 5 African-American books, which we did last week, but today we had to look them up in these specific library catalogs to see if they own them - I had NY and Springfield - however in my libraries, unlike the others, they catalog the editions separately (which technically you're supposed to do because people look for certain editions of things) so I had to look in like 3 places and add everything together while everyone else had like 1 place and that's it.

Anyway, she didn't say if we were supposed to add up each edition or just do the 1 edition our group member picked or if we were supposed to add in the different formats and all that, just blah.

Whatever, it's done. And I'm content with it.

I think.

I'm content that it's done.

Let's go with that.

Now it's back to SVU.

I would do more homework but I'll actually have time to do that during the week since the boyfriend is in Seattle.

Next homework assignment is due on the 20th for Internet Reference, and then like the 9th or 10th of May for the final assignment. In Diversity next week we're discussion boarding - can I use that as a verb? - about this collection assignment and then we present our posters. I did mine on Diversity in Young Adult Programming.

But I have no idea how to present that on Blackboard Collaborate so I'll have to figure that out at some point. But that's the final for Diversity.

And then I'll be done until June when I take Foundations - 1 credit class I can finish in a day - and Library Systems which only lasts through June.

So I'll be free for camp, huzzah!

Speaking of camp, huzzah! We have our first meeting of 2013 tomorrow so I'll be headed out to G-Town after work.

Tomorrow's gonna be interesting because I have volunteers coming in from 9-1, then I'm off and headed to the meeting which is at 2:30, then I'm stopping by the farm because they're burning ground - which I'm sad I can't make it to cause I'm working instead.

Think I mentioned this, my siblings and I own land and are burning it to the ground to start over. We did that when we first got it too. The boys enjoyed smacking the fire with big flopper sticks and riding around it on four wheelers.

And I think there was beer and snacks involved at some point.

Can you say "redneck"?

Anyway, I'm bummed, but I can't exactly miss work cause they're my volunteers.

Well, they're UNL volunteers, but I'm in charge of them for the morning. They're going to be cleaning the computer lab - cause that gets done never - wiping down tables and chairs on 4th floor - cause that gets done never - dusting the reference shelves - cause that gets done never - and then whatever else my coworkers suggest that also never gets done.

Theme sensed?

Yeah.

So that'll be an interesting morning, and then I'm pumped for the camp meeting. It'll be the core group most likely aka myself, Obi-Wan, the Music Mentor (i'm hoping anyway), Pastor Blackstone, and Scuba Steve O, and maybe Josh.

One of these things is not like the other, I know.

But Josh actually is a nickname.

I think Obi-Wan and I are the only ones who call him Josh, everyone else calls him Pastor.

But he's not our Pastor so it's allowed.

I just remember showing up at teen camp after Obi and I went grocery shopping and he was there and I was like, "hey josh!" and he was like "FINALLY someone who doesn't call me Pastor!"

I'm stoked for camp already. Application sheets were made and will be approved at the meeting along with the budget, theme, menu and all that. If our Head Chef can make it that is.

Anyway, I should stop talking about camp now because you know if you get me started it's never ending so I'm going to put the computer down and back away slowly...

after these anyway:

i'm thinking soundtracks...

Super Trouper - Donna & the Dynamos

love 2:34-2:35's "look, look, look"

didn't realize how many abba songs i actually knew until i watched this movie and went, "but they didn't sing that or that..."

i blame my father.


We Built This City/We're Not Gonna Take It - Rock of Ages

i know you're supposed to root for the rockers but i like Catherine Zeta-Jones so much more than Russell Brand.

it was hysterical at like 0:51 the boyfriend's like "oh my god, that's Sebastian Bach!" to which i replied "oh my god, how do you know Sebastian Bach?!" so now i love him even more.


and that's i got for today.

i know, another pre-midnight post. holy crap tag in use.



No comments:

Post a Comment