I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, August 5, 2011

and who in case she doesn't hang can say she started with a bang?

Roxie Hart.
It's interesting reading about how many women were up for the roles of her and Velma Kelly from Chicago - quite possibly the best musical of all time...just below RENT.

Get this out of the way and go from there,
For those of you who didn't get yesterday's "Towanda" reference:

Fried Green Tomatoes best scene. That's pretty much how we were laughing in the car during the whole "Jansen!!" experience.

Highlights:
Morning:
Had Diet Dr. Pepper and some donuts for breakfast. I'm super sad that it's my coworker's last day at work - she comes every summer and ditches us for the school year. Makes me sad cause she's just that awesome. But she brought us donut holes. I think I'll see her later this week at the other branch though so it's cool.

Work:
I think I was on the main floor the entire day until lunch and then the very last hour. It's not that I mind but I find it amusing because apparently I'm social. Or at least helpful. I don't know if I like being called social. It's just weird to me. Since I'm not. At all. But at work it's different. Cause it's an actress thing. Which sounds weird but if you work in public service I'm sure you understand.
But sometimes people are such good an actress that patrons stop by to give them recipes for cabbage soup they 'seemed' interested in and then patrons force me to find the woman they were talking to just to give her a copy of the freaking recipe so I have to send out the weirdest staff email I've ever sent asking for who it was she was talking to about cabbage soup and what they want me to do with the freaking recipe. I put it on Girlscout's desk. She can deal with it when she comes in.

-Saw a book today in the nonfiction called "Sesame Street Unpaved" it had a bunch of behind the scenes stuff. I was amused.

-Had lunch with the security guard today. She's pretty cool, drummer in a band, I posted the video of my favorite of their songs here: My Life in Closed Captions: Can I Keep You - Some Assembly Required We hit up my favorite new burrito place, a recent phase but it's close to work and has cheap food. Invited me to go see a band play tomorrow night, we shall see. It depends on how much I want to crash and burn after golf tomorrow.

-I enjoy my foreign friends. Contact with them makes my day. They are just that awesome. Which reminds me that I'm supposed to be working on one of their projects instead of 20 of my own. Woops. Freaking writer's block goes away when I actually need it.

Tonight: The tire pressure light is on in my car and it's weirding me out. Cause it's not flat. But maybe it's about to go flat or something. I don't know, I'm still not smart enough for Jarvis. Every couple months I end up hitting that call button on the stearing wheel and shouting vulgarity that it then asks if that's who I want to place a call to. Go here: My Life in Closed Captions: "To call hell say dial."

Now: Jesus is staring at me. No, seriously. There's a picture of Jesus in my bedroom and he's looking at me. Freaking me out. Lord's Supper picture is leaning against a chair in my bedroom and staring at me. I have no idea where it came from but I came home and it's here. And now all I can think of is the Davinci Code. There's not a specific object on the table and there's a big space between you know who and you know who. And that's all I'm gonna say for those of you who haven't seen it/read the book. Although, I think that enough time has elapsed that if you actually had a desire to see/read it you would have by now. Both the book and the movie are excellent.

-Speaking of coming home, I get here, walk in and Mom's like, "What are you doing here?" And not in a pleasant fluffy tone, no. I called! And told Dad not to lock me out. You'd think he would relay the message, but on. Apparently he enjoys surprising her or something. But I learned he did enjoy the HeeHaw skit and he's currently helping me write lyrics to next year's already. Feeling special.

-Voice is officially back. I think. For the most part. Superwoman was enjoying the quiet version of me. Again, apparently I actually talk at work and act like a normal person. This is brand new information to me.

-Came home and watched Bones episodes on the DVR. huzzah!

Songs today: Chicago, the town of murder and mayhem
"I can't do it alone" - Chicago (2002)

"Watch this" yes I know all the words and actions, I'm that pathetic. but it's an excellent movie musical.

"We both reached for the gun" - Chicago

"Are you kidding?" love this one too.


Tomorrow is golf with the 2G gang. I'll have to upload pics of us all in our bright orange. I'm wondering whatever happened to my lazy time. Before on the weekends I did like nothing, then I got a job and I worked most of the days but there would always be that day where I stayed in bed and did absolutely nothing. I think that was all destroyed by camp. Maybe now that it's over it'll come back.


I'm watching that NSync video again and whatever happened to JC? I know Chris has some sort of clothing line, Joey was an actor, Justin Timberlake is Justin Timberlake and Lance has become some sort of an icon as well. I'm just curious since JC was like number 2 man in America for how many years and he just disappears? Yes, number 2 man Sketch. Justin being number one. Don't think I was saying he was trumped by one of those crazy BSB dues. Anyway, that was a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment