I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Automatic, Supersonic, Hypnotic, Funky Fresh

There are people in the back of my dad's Suburban. Fake people. Life-size fake people. There are life-size fake people in the back of my dad's Suburban. With smiling faces. Surrounded by jugs of moonshine. It's oddly creepy yet totally cool.

Apparently they're supposed to go in his model T when he's not driving it. One of the many model T's anyway. He's kind of an old cars junkie. And old motorcycles, scooters, model trains, beer mugs, big screen tv's and reality television. Add in some bib overalls and a farmer's tan and you have my dad in a nutshell. But he's amusing so I like him. Despite his fascination with HeeHaw and need for me to see all the musical appearances.

The people are pretty cool. Mom drew the outlines on some insulation stuff and he cut them out then had some chick paint their faces. I should snap a photo and upload it.

So...camp meeting was today. And, you'd think we'd be done, but nope. Getting together again next Monday to burn picture CD's and send out thank you's to the adult help/kids for coming. We went to my old high school - BTW, all the kids this year are getting laptops, I'm totally jealous. We got screwed. Even have the prison t-shirt's to prove it. They're cool, black with our date of a release on the front and our signatures on the back - anyway, hung out at the library and saw half of our teen help there registering for classes in the gym. Well not classes in the gym. But registering in the gym for classes. In classrooms. It's camp week already. I remember going a week early for KRT. Knights of the Round Table it was the elite choir. We traveled and all that. I actually registered during camp week my freshman year. I was #34 out of the 32 kids in my class. Didn't make sense to me either.
Can't believe they're old enough to go there. Makes me feel super old. Well, that and the fact that every time I go to a movie my left knee locks up and I limp for about an hour afterwards. Seriously. Old woman on the loose.
Sorry, yeah, camp meeting, just made plans about teen help next year - they seem to always be on the agenda but they were excellent this year so it was good talk, picked a possible day, talked over new themes. We're thinking The Ultimate Transformer. The t-shirts would be wicked awesome. Wow, haven't said that in a while.
Aside from all that it was cool to see everyone again. It's a fun gang. We order pizza, drink pop and joke about all the stuff that happened at camp. It's good to hear others thoughts and all that. I do NOT want to be night patrol again next year, even though I know I will because who else is gonna do it? It was okay except for the 3rd grade girls. Kicked my butt. In fact, just saw one of them not sleeping when she was supposed to be just a couple hours ago.

Went to help my sister-in-law with her new ipod. Downloading music before she goes on her trip. Pretty cool stuff. I was proud she knew who Hey Monday is. But apparently they play them on the radio now. I was stoked. No, I don't listen to the radio. Couldn't hear it over the headphones in my ears. I plug the ipod in an adapter when in my car. Yes, I'm obsessive. Speaking of obsessive, what's up with people freaking out on me when I don't answer my phone. Did I really used to be that bad? It's like, if I don't answer a text or a call that they assume I'm lying dead on the side of the road or something. Call the National Guard! She's not replying!
I actually just had this conversation. It's not that I don't like all of you. I think you're all pretty awesome actually, you do put up with me so that's new. Anyway, it's just that with public service and catering to people all day all I want to do is go home and crash with no human contact at all. Just me and my big fat cat. I know that some people don't understand that but it works for me. It's like people overload at work cause they're everywhere, all the time, with the screaming kids and angry patrons - I mean I love my job, if I didn't I wouldn't do it - but when I go home I don't want to have to deal with any of that.

School starts up soon. I have half my assignment done already - order the textbook, got that. Other half is printing off my library's mission statement. I have the freaking thing basically memorized anyway just because of Managing Collections class projects. Freakin' Library Goddess. Making me better at my job. Geez. Will be sad not having her for a Prof for this one. Who will I bring coffee to in the morning? Maybe I'll stop by her office or something.


"Car Wash" Christina Aguilera feat. Missy Elliot

they make a pretty good team. for this and moulin rouge.

"The things you do" Gina Thompson feat. Missy Elliot

absolutely hate this song. but love missy from 2:23-2:55 specifically 2:31-2:33, gotta love her explanation "I have no idea where that came from" so skip that intro crap. seriously.

"1,2 Step" Ciara feat. Missy Elliot

yes, it's a feat. Missy Elliot kind of day.
love this video, back when artists still danced. rollerskates and Axe spray included. What movie was it when they went and shot a music video with a bunch of kids. Was that "Honey". sounds like it. Maybe not.

Love Missy Elliot, I was obsessed with "Lose Control" and "Work It" for a while.

sleepin' in! huzzah! then back to work in the afternoon.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment