I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Extra Innings Victory!

Every time I cook bacon I kill another plate. What the crap? Seriously, and I only have like 5 of them. Stupid bacon. Throws off my groove. Not that I have much in the kitchen. I do however with puzzles, check it out!


I finished one! Yes, it's sideways. Blogger is weird.
Granted it was only like 211 pieces, but still, I finished one without Carter declaring war and complete annihilation. That's a victory. And came home from the game and it was still intact!

Speaking of the game. OMG. Seriously. There are no words. Other than I threw up in my mouth a little bit. Not my words, just repeating them. There are quite a few that I will not be repeating but it was a great night. Who knew I had a life? Love my family. Every year we as siblings all go to a Saltdogs game to celebrate the birthdays in August - there are three. We go, we drink, we banter, we dance, we cheer, we eat, a lot, and drink some more. And tonight was awesome cause we won it in overtime - I'm sorry, extra innings, apparently it's not overtime even though I'm still going to call it overtime. Although Second Sister was saying there has to be another up and down - or was it top and bottom instead of extra inning. 3-2 We beat the Canadians. Their national anthem was sang before the game as well.


Things I learned tonight:
-Mints make things spell good.
-It's amusing to text things back and forth when you're sitting right next to each other
-Cool Sister-in-law: "How do you spell Eminem?"
King of Useless Knowledge: "M and M. It's on the candies."
-There's a difference between heckling with the window rolled up and heckling with the window rolled down
-Brother:"Did you just use your turn signal?"
KOUK: "These are real cops!" (as opposed to the traffic guards on the way out) "They have guns and ticket books!" ps - that "secret" exit thing is a load of crap. took longer than the regular exits.

"We like to party" THE VENGABOYS!

who sings this? THE VENGABOYS!.......who sings this? THE VENGABOYS!......who sings this? Oh for the love.
This song plays every time we score. Every time. And it's awesome. Cause we dance like idiots - you can't disrespect the dance, that's just dumb cause then we'll lose.

and yes i know the video is super weird with the cross and the village people and the elvis impersonator but i like the dancing and i find it amusing.

But the game and the food and the fireworks and the family was just awesome, totally made my week.

working tomorrow so gonna crash now. have a good one. LM

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I finally understand blogging but don't expect it from me. Two things: If you ruin a plate every time you cook bacon, either stop cooking it or buy the already cooked version. It's not as tasty but it will save the plates. That's a no brainer. The other, who steals a name from a pretty popular candy and then changes the spelling so no one else knows how to note it in his/her phone for future itunes downloads? That's just stupid. And if a person is gonna make fun during blogging (I finally know it's the Vengaboys thank you) then maybe said person should be kicked out of the KFC and be forced to join Marky Mark and the Not So Funky Bunch. "I'm out" (Jim Rome) LMIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ruined a plate with both the uncooked and cooked versions. Technically his name is Marshall Mathers so I'm guessing that's where the M's came from. I'm not making fun, it was you who kept asking over and over, but it was me that didn't figure out why you kept asking over and over until 4 runs had scored.

    ReplyDelete