I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

All I wanna do is have some fun. I got a feeling I'm not the only one.

Today's Highlights:
-Staff meeting in the morning. Had my juice and cereal so it rocked.
-Put up my display - totally proud, doing a Remember 9/11 one since it's been ten years.
-Finished yet another list. Deserved ice cream but went to see a movie instead.

-Took the Squirt out for sushi and to see "Crazy Stupid Love" (Steve Carell, Julianne Moore, Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone) and it was fantastic. 9/10 on the Scale of Awesome.
"He doesn't know I'm in love with him!" "Ohhhh...."



Carell is married to Moore who wants a divorce and cheated on him so he drinks away his troubles in a bar where he meets Gosling who takes it upon himself to make Carell a man again. Basically extreme makeover's him and all that. But it's hysterical. Like a fairy godfather or something.
Plus there's a bunch of other love plots surrounding all the characters.
With special appearances by Marisa Tomei, Kevin Bacon, Josh Groban, Analeigh Tipton, Agent Lee... okay Liza Lapira but I call her Agent Lee no matter what movie/tv show she's in. It's NCIS. Long story.

"When I told you I had to work late I really went to go see the new Twilight movie by myself....and it was so bad!"

-Then while driving home....well, okay. Here's a story. Originally I wanted to be a teacher. I was in the Ed program and all that but I dropped it because I realized that my teaching methods were not something that you would want your child to learn from. I'm more of a learn-from-my-mistakes kind of a person. Because, that's how I was taught. By my brother anyway.
Here was my first driving lesson. I'm sitting passenger while he's driving down the highway and he says, "I just did three illegal things. What were they?" Yeah. That was my brother teaching me how to drive.
So, this is how I teach the Squirt.
Lesson number 1. When drunk frat guys pull up next to you while driving and they're screaming and sticking their heads out the window, DO NOT wink and give them The Nod, or they will continue to drive next to you for miles, stop next to you at the stoplight even though there is 40 feet between them and the car in front of them, and continue to yell things out the window. It's better just to not acknowledge those kind of things.
So, don't do it. See, that's how I teach. You don't like it, don't send your kids to me.
But it was amusing. And she kept freaking out cause it lasted for miles.
So. Keep your eyes on the road while driving. Don't acknowledge the crazy. The crazy will only get worse.

Songs of the night:

"Just One Look" Doris Troy

soundtrack fun. and she didn't know it so i was sad.

"All I Wanna Do" Sheryl Crow

cause it was sheryl crow kinda day. love her music, makes me feel like i'm chillin on a beach.


"Seriously, it's like you're photoshopped!"

No comments:

Post a Comment