I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Everybody Dance Now!

In the immortal words of the cool aunt, "Everts women show up." Today was one of those days.

Worked 11-2, shelving all the carts and scanning all the first readers/board books. After all that I headed to G-Town for a big family shindig at the Heritage aka the old-folks-home. The place gives me the heebie-jeebies, but the event seemed to go off without a hitch. 17 of us came and ate lunch with my great aunt who's living there now. I think that had to be one of the bigger groups. They put us outside. "They asked us to leave before we even got in. Our reputation preceeds us." Yes, we're THAT side of the family. The side that gets kicked out of places like Valentinos, and...churches....cause we're loud and obnoxious. But it's all in good fun. It was good to be outside though cause the kids got to run around and play in the mud. If they were running the hallways inside we would drive people bananas. Plus it was an awesome day!

Unfortunately, since it started out as rain-central the games tonight got cancelled. I think it was Prince of Peace scared of us and making excuses. Not really. But maybe. But, seriously? What the crap? Cause that specialized gravel crap that I keep breaking my leg open on is made to soak up all the water and make it playable. Geez. Was totally bummed. But we'll take them on next week. Or the week after that. Either way they're going down! Grace Geneva! I've started yelling that randomly. It actually originated during the Husker volleyball game when I was with Megz and Homey-G. We were talking about the game and had to get in the line for the bathroom and like the bathroom at the Devaney are weird where there are two entrances and they converge. And it's like a 4-way-stop cause you have to like alternate or something cause there's no one there to say, okay you go next. You just have to like make a run for it. And we were joking in line saying, "okay you box them out and I'll run and yell I win! Grace Geneva!" You can take the girl out of the honky tonk but you can't take the honky tonk out of the girl.

It's just weird going back to that place, even though the building is completely different than it was 8 years ago. And they served us fried chicken. Two flashbacks today. Cool Aunt doesn't eat chicken either, but she's semi-vegetarian so she has a legitimate excuse. Mine sounds pathetic, but when explained it makes sense. I don't eat it because of the memories that go along with it. It physically makes me nauseous. But I forced myself to today. And don't go all shrink on me. If you tried to analyze my crazy you'd drive yourself there. But I think that goes with the whole public service thing. If you don't enter with it you leave with some degree of insanity. Which was actually sort of a discussion topic today with one of my cooler relatives that I will, for now, refer to as The Snarky One. I'll work on the nickname, it has to be something worthy. But she always makes me laugh so I was glad I got to hang with her today.

Tomorrow's going to be a long day. Even though I'm technically done at 1. I'll come home and take a nap. Or watch something - I got a bunch of stuff through Interlibrary Loan that I should get through so I can request something else.

Carter. Stop pouncing on the door. You're driving me bananas. Yes I can hear you meowing. I fed you. What more do you want from me?
He either wants out or he really has a hatred for Meryl Streep. I have a Julie and Julia poster hanging on my door and he's pounding on her head.

Should crash soon. Will turn on CA. It's funny because I am stuck on this disc, I put it on every night and skip to where I last remember and it's the same spot every time. I can't get through this one episode. Cause I'm just that exhausted by the time I turn it on.
Oh, anyone see Drew Barrymore at the Emmy's with the new cast of CA? Awesomeness! 22nd is like...oh geez, that's like this week! Need to get a DVR set up soon!

C+C Music Factory - "Gonna Make You Sweat" remix

cause the video cracks me up. and the regular version is too long. and the title makes me think of Second Sister quoting Eddie Murphy. "in the hot-tub. gonna make you sweat!"
but this is a contender for a walkup song at softball. Cool sister-in-law can have her "Back in Black" - oh yeah, another relative asked as it is church league if they should be from the hymnal. I can only imagine someone making a rock version of Amazing Grace or something. Rockin' the Doxology. Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war.

I'm still debating on mine. Think I'm gonna put my ipod on shuffle and see which one I can jam to the most. OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment