I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Make the lambs stop screaming!

Have you ever had one of those days where it's like everything is nonstop? Like my heart was racing the whole day. Was only at the one branch 2 hours this morning so I was racing the clock and still didn't get everything done, then at lunch I worked on homework frantically reading so I could get that done and didn't have to do it tonight, this afternoon while apparently slow for everyone else caused me nothing but stress - except at one point where in all her glory Superwoman showed up and commented on me relaxing. The one time I was actually sitting and checking email, everything else was nonstop. Which is good, she didn't see me all stressed and freaking out. Everything was a rush. Checking in in the back room cause no one else was doing it - there are still three carts left to deal with after I went through five others, then at close I was supposed to count money which I had totally forgotten since I was too busy putting out new books and checking people out at the desk. Thank god for Load man, he saved my butt. Yes, we are Lock and Load. Deal with it.

Then I came back to my car and found the window open which totally freaked me out. But it's fine. I guess. I probably hit a button or something.

Now I'm home and sped through the rest of my reading just to get started on the posting. But it's done! It's done! I'm done! for the week!! huzzah!! Posted and replied to three peoples even though no responses were required. But I'm a nerd like that.

Now I can like sit. And just like sit. And watch TV. But mostly just sit without my heart racing and me freaking out about homework/work stuff. See, this is why I like being subdirt. There's no real responsibility. I mean, other than what happens at work itself. You go, you do lists, you shelve, you're done. Mostly. I enjoy the subdirt. And then I was dirt at the other branch but now they decided to promote us all. Now we're topsoil.
I explained the dirt system to you earlier I believe, check this: My Life in Closed Captions: "Cause even after three text messages, four missed...

I'm just in one of those modes where it's like my brain won't stop. I'm at this point in the post and I've only been typing for less than a minute. Speed typing where you go back and finish the mistakes later. It's part of the English major thing. You get it all down on paper before you forget it or get distracted by something else. Or maybe that's just me.

But I'm good now. And breathing. Today was something to scrapbook. Let's leave it at that and move on.

Perhaps mellowed music will help. Well, that and SVU. Cause I got the 4th season through interlibrary loan. I love my job. But I'm pacing myself with Chuck. Cause the next DVD set doesn't come out 'til like October. I do this with most series I own. I don't watch the last disc until the next DVD is out, then I can watch them all together. Cliffhangers drive me bananas. But in a good way. But not a good enough way that if I have access to what happens after I'm hanging off the cliff that I'm not going to watch it. Did that make sense? Probably not. But it's the thought that counts. I think. That's a thought. Thinking is a thought. I need to stop typing.


Mellow music. Right. Okay, ipod shuffle says.......piano melodies


"Don't Know Why" Norah Jones

we listen to this between skits and worship sessions at camp. it's on our piano's demo reel. seriously. liz implemented it a few years ago and i stuck with it.


"A Thousand Miles" Vanessa Carlton

I WANNA RIDE A PIANO DOWN A HIGHWAY!! I actually just had this conversation with Pastor and Obi-Wan. Pastor just moved and they have this piano and were discussing how to move it to the other house. I said they should just push it across town. One person on each side and then one pushing on the back and then someone riding on top so they can tell them "more to the left" or "speed bump ahead" or "turn here". Think it'd be awesome.

also dig this one of hers:

"San Francisco" Vanessa Carlton


no idea what happened to either of these artists - haven't heard anything from them lately.


tomorrow i'm scheduled to be an aide the same time i'm scheduled to be an LA3. see, that just sounds weird to say. or type. LA3. i liked being an LA2. dirt man. dirt.
but i'll figure out the schedule tomorrow morning. for now i'm outta here. eat some supper and watch some SVU.

No comments:

Post a Comment