I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Motions of Motherhood

I win! Pulled it off. But it was more like muted motherhood as I was at work more than I was with them. Though they didn't set anything on fire. Or host a party for all their friends. Or set something on fire while hosting a party for their friends. I don't think anyway.
Yesterday it was go to the house, pick up Bubby, take him to pick up Squirt from soccer practice, then we hit up Village Inn for breakfast food-ish he got chicken strips. Then watched Small Soldiers. Which made me feel old because they had never heard of it. I don't know how big it actually was in theaters because it was 1998 and I didn't know too much about movie stats at the point in my life. But I went with my cousins and it was fun. And the kids seemed to like it so it rocked. "ohhh, there goes the record..." Then this morning he had practice but I had to work so one of the other moms took him. They had frozen pizza for lunch and at 5:30 I picked them up and we went for burgers. "Don't put your lime carcass on my plate!"

I'd call it a victory. But, as mentioned previously, unless you want children named Batgirl and the Chad don't get any ideas any time soon.

Tonight I hit up the Husker volleyball game which we dominated - much like the football game...in the second half. We won it in 3 sets so it flew by super fast. It was packed. But there were many things that we learned throughout the game. The first one is, that up next after church league softball it should be church league cheerleading. We have some routines planned out. Thinking we could do our own version of Thriller saying "Cause we're the Lions! Lions, yeah..."

Also, here's a new game for you. At the Saltdogs games each player has a song that plays when they go up to bat. If it was you, what song would you pick? Something to get you pumped up but defines you as well. I'm still debating. It's a hard question. I'll let you know when I decide.

Any ideas for your own?

Songs of the day:

"Big Pimpin'" Jay Z

we got here because we were talking about James Earl Jones as being the voice of Vader and how he might have a yacht and Homey-G-Wigger said "like jay-z" and then it got stuck in my head and won't go away.

"Come On Eileen" Dexys Midnight Runners

this was another idea for a walkup song. i think. but it's also stuck in my head.
Come on, Eileen! good softball chant.

Tomrrow is a big day, working then singing - possibly - then softball so i'm gonna crash now and hopefully be ready and awake.
oh that's another thing. bubby - the 11 year old - makes coffee in the mornings. Cause he's all grown up... but then he turns on Spongebob and it's like that whole adult thing is erased.

out!

No comments:

Post a Comment