I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin' and we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive...

Crazy crazy day. I thought 9-12, you know, whatever. Nope. 9-12 bookdrop, lists and shelving. PS - SENSEI is BACK! And rockin' it. With a bedazzled cast. Now who could have provided those...hmmm... looks vaguely familiar. Not mine. Haven't had a cast since grade school. Ace bandages and braces don't count, right?

Okay, 9-12 there, ate lunch at the apartment while finishing/posting my homework, then headed back to my old stomping grounds. It's weird going back now. Which is funny, because it never used to feel that way. I loved high school. With a passion. How many people can say that honestly? It's part of the reason that I hated college. With a passion. It wasn't high school. It wasn't the same. Dorms didn't count. But I loved the school and the sports and the drama productions and the people and the choirs and the teachers - it was fantastic. And going back for Homecoming was just a natural thing, great to see everyone again. Now it's like, ehhh. I think I'm beyond the years of going just to go. I think it'd have to be a reunion thing. Although we know what happened with that...
ANYWAY, so I went back and watched Squirt and Bubby kick some volleyball butt and of course got talked into being a line judge. By the same dude who talked me into night patrol at camp. He's just so freaking persuasive that you don't see it coming. So I couldn't cheer even though - okay i ain't saying who were the best people out on the court. if they happened to be a tall chick with orange streaks in her hair and a short blonde who's nicknames just happened to be Squirt and Bubby, then that's just the way it is. That's not nepitism. That's fact. You'd agree if you had seen the game.
But Squirt is not an actual squirt. She's taller than me. And in 8th grade. So when it comes to being dominant in sports she takes the cake. Cause no matter how hard they hit it, if it comes in her direction she'll just smack it down on their heads. Cause they're tiny. Our team included. My favorite part was our first point, she set it to Bubby who spiked it over. It was fantastic. But I couldn't cheer! Cause I was a freaking unbiased line judge. Mean. I was tempted to do the Willems point and pose method, but I passed. Cause, like I said, time has passed and no one would know what the heck I was referring to. Unless he still does it. Which I guess is highly possible.
After that we ran like The Flash to get out of there cause Bubby had football practice and they were going to be late. So hit up my apartment, then Barnes and Noble where I found not one, not two, but three freaking different cover copies of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I mean I know that Halloween is coming up and all that, but still.
Same book, different prices.
Check these.






The first is a pop-up book. I know! I was intrigued...The fourth is my copy. Yes, those are my lucky charms in the background. Anthology's are awesome. Is it anthologies or anthology's? I'm going with the apostrophe. It seems safer. No idea why. But that's what you use when you're a lit major reading eight classic novels a month.
Speaking of anthology's, picked up H.G. Wells' seven novels in one book today as well. The real H.G. Wells, not the Warehouse version. although if Jaime Murray were to write a book I'm sure I would read it. And review it. And make you all read it. Because she's just that awesome. OMG, Jane Lynch's biography is out and in stores now, huzzah! Coming to a library near you?

After the joy that is shopping for books and realizing that I've shelved over half of that store, headed for the brewery, ordered some awesome food - I'm super stoked for my leftovers. Thinking of pulling them out now, but going to put that off until around 2 or 3AM. Yes, small children sleep more than I do. Get over it. But I love my family and the food was awesome so tonight was fun. Interesting conversations though. Our server was charming and handsome and had no ring - is that part of the single life, that you just check for that automatically? Which, I guess, technically that doesn't work anyway since I wear a ring on that finger that looks like it could be one but really isn't. So that method is totally totally not...what's the word I'm looking for? correct? ACCURATE. let's go with that. But mine scares off the creepers at work so I'm okay with it. Anyway, Second Sister ordered a drink and he goes
"You do know there's no liquor in that."
"You do know that I'm pregnant right?"
apparently he had offended women in the past so he's more careful now. Wise man.

PS - Smo, T-Magic was there. And it was hilarious because Second Sister - who's just not a fan of football whatsoever - goes "who?"
The guy, eating a burger, and facing us.
The old guy with the glasses?
No, he's neither eating a burger nor facing us.

And more fun conversations were basically...just... You can definitely tell we're related - although Sarah wanted to fool the server into putting our bill together claiming that she's having my baby. To see the reaction. Which was weird. But okay. Because we had been joking with him all night. He got a big tip.

Moving on, just one-liners are just, they stick with you. You know? And I've added a certain few into a catagory I like to call: "Conversations I could never have with my mother". I love my mom. But there are just things that we don't talk about. I think it's the age gap. But for Oldest Sister and Squirt, she's like the cool mom who's into everything and all that.

"Did you talk to a boy?"
"No...I stared at his butt."

There are more, but I don't think that I should repeat them.

Then, in the parking lot, oh my god, have you ever had one of those parking spots where you're surrounded and you're like, okay i'm in, but i'm never going to get out of here without hitting something! and then you come out to your car and that area is completely deserted except for your car? ME NEITHER!!! Ever! But tonight it was, I was stoked. We should do late dinner more often. Less waiting and better parking lot leave-age.

Wow, what a ramble. Should like zen out and sleep now.

Tomorrow is going to be a loooonnnnng day. Two halfdays in a row, I'm getting used to napping and watching Charlie's Angels. Tomorrow is going to be a wakeup call, in more ways than one.
I get to be a mom. Sort of. For a night. ish. Oldest Sister is leaving me her two children and I get the joys of running them and their friends to sporting and social events.
But it's only for a night. So don't get any ideas about this happening with me any time soon. Unless you want your grandchildren to be named "the Chad" and "Batgirl".


Song of the night - Throwback Thursday

"Stayin' Alive" The BeeGees

what is it with him and that jacket? desolation looks like something out of Endgame. god I hated that play. with a passion. Sorry Mr. Beckett. grossed me out and made me angry. Just leave him!

it was a good jam for the night.

though i was tempted to post this: "Pop Goes My Heart"

alright, off to watch some CA and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment