I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, September 29, 2011

"She's wearing a Warehouse 13 t-shirt."

HECK YEAH I WAS!

Awesome patrons came in today and fawned over my Rheticus Compass t-shirt. We talked Warehouse. It was fantastic.
Mom: "Who's your favorite character?"
Me: "HG Wells"
Daughter: "She's adorable!"
Mom: *turns gives weird look* "SHE'S EVIL!"
Daughter: "So?!"
they were stoked about the spinoff. then...
Me: "Who's your favorite?"
Mom: "Claudia....you remind me a bit of her. Have the hair."
Daughter: "Talks like her too."
totally made my day. Claudia Donovan rocks man. I wish I was as cool as Claudia Donovan. with her tech-geek-speak and all that. Which occasionally I do with jargon or whatever. but totally made my day.

See, but whenever I wear those kind of shirts at the other library it's just skeezy guys that stare at me and want to strike up a conversation about the design emblazoned across my chest. Which I don't really want to talk to them about. So I've stopped wearing them there. But here I'm all over it. That's part of why I like being an aide. Works well with my wardrobe. Speaking of:

Oldest Sister came in today. I'm checking in delivery and I hear, "I like the highlights." She always sneaks up on me, makes me jump. Then she goes all mom on me fixing my jeans and telling me I need to wear makeup. But WHY?! I already get skeezy guys that stare at me. I don't need any more of them!

After all the joys of shelving - got it all done with 2 minutes to spare - headed over to the book sale and bought 17 books for 15 bucks total. Love book sales. Especially those linked to our library. They rock. And the people rock. This thing took up the whole freaking building! Tables covered in boxes full of books. And if you go Saturday you can get a box of books for 3 bucks. Just have to fill it. The thing about the sale though is that the aide in me wants to go around and put things in order. I mean, they have them divided by category but not by author or DD#. Drives me nuts. Ran into a frequent patron and he had the same urges, and was apparently acting on them, haha. I figured it was my afternoon off so I'd leave it alone. Got some good Patterson stuff, Robert Fulghum, old One Book's, some comedy stuff, I'm diggin it. Think I will take Squirt on Saturday if she has interest.

Tomorrow will actually be a regular day. Schedule-wise. Which sounds weird because lately I'm all about the irregular days. They're actually fun, as long as you know where you're going and when to be there. I just do what I told. Which isn't a problem cause I love my job. Jobs.

Song of the night: Throwback Thursday

Survey says....

"Your Mama Don't Dance" Loggins and Messina


hahahaha, OMG. so, I did a search on here to see if I had posted this song already - cause it's awesome - and typed in "your mama don't dance" and three results popped up. one of them was a dream log that I had posted earlier this year and I was reading through some of them, just duuuude. My Life in Closed Captions: "Those are gonna be some weirdass dreams..."
Who the hell is Agent Larkin?
Although my favorite is "Are we going to get in trouble?" "Just tell them you were the one waving the flag." thanks Superwoman. but why was I waving a flag again?

Short version - I write what I remember of my dreams in the note section of my phone. I used to do it on paper but it got all over the place. This way they're all together. Kind of makes me want to go through the entries since then. Hmmm... Will see about posting those tomorrow. If I post. Smo is coming into town so we will have a jam session. Perhaps I will post before she arrives. Will look them over on my lunch break, see if any of them are worth it.

PS - Did anyone watch Criminal Minds this week? Rossi's cooking lesson was fantastic. I died of laughter. And Kirsten totally loses it at one point. Love it. This season of Criminal Minds fixes all problems, great and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment