I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tin Roof!...Rusted...

Busted my freaking leg back open. Though not as bad as last year's I'll spare you the gross pictures. Seriously, what the crap is it with me and sliding in gravel? I was safe. So you know, it was worth it. But still. Ouch man. Becky says I need to wear pants. Sketch seconded that. Even pulled out my middle name when yelling - that's how I know I'm really in trouble and not dealing with sarcasm. The middle name is the key. But it's cleaned up and taken care of. Good thing I'm certified. I thought taking the class would be cool, what I didn't realize was how clumsy I actually am and how much I'd use the training. It was definitely worth it, which reminds me that I should take the test again and get up to date.

So, the 6:30 game - we got the early one, of course it's the day I'm supposed to work 'til 6 even though the next two Sundays I'm off and we don't have to play until 7:45.

Grace: 12 Methodists: 1
I miss my cousin as the ump. She doesn't end the game when we're up by 10. We had to sweet-talk the ref into letting us play some more innings. Or we just didn't leave the field. Maybe that was it.
Last year we won 18-5.
And, similar to last year, Homey G-Wigger "the Rocket" and me were headed to get some ice cream when we were surrounded by E-Free's asking us to join their team since they were short on girls. They're the underdogs - the newest team, and last year they only won one game...the game that G-Wigger and me joined in on. When Grace played them we won 33-1. But they're a lot of fun to play with cause they're a bunch of goof balls. Next week they have the early game and we have the later one so they asked us to come early just in case. If they don't need us we'll sit in the bleachers and eat snacks. Sunflower seeds. Huzzah!

I got on base every time but once and caught two pop-flies. I'm an outfielder cause I can hit it out there and catch it out there. And throw it to home. That's really my only sporting skills in life - softball. That I only get to play like 4 times a year now, super sad. We should start a library league. We would dominate the branches man. or maybe not. But it'd be fun. Or maybe we could play against Parks and Rec and the cops or something other that's in the City gang. Lull them into a false sense of security with our book smarts and then strike them down like the hand of god! Mwahahaha!

Oh yeah, so we're standing amongst the E-Free and talking, introducing people and stuff - it's basically the same crew as last year and this chick says, "You don't look like a librarian." Which cracked me up because today I was reading this book called "This Book is Overdue: how Librarians and Cybrarians can save us" and it's all about the stereotypes and all that. There's this chapter about librarians who blog, apparently we're quite popular. Reminds me of a seminar theme: "We're not your grandmother's library."

Back to Grace - we rocked it. Our name this year is "Which Steve?" as opposed to last year's "Who's Steve?" Last year Pastor's wife - who's fantastic and hysterical - put together our first line up of the season. Of course, since she's married to him, she had listed his first name instead of "Pastor" and Becky, who's reading it off yells "Steve!....Who's Steve?!" And that kind of stuck. This year we have two Steve's as Scuba Steve has joined our gang of misfit toys. I love us though, we play hard, cheer loud, bring a fanbase...and tiny children that they can run after. Mom: "You injured yourself again?!"

"Love Shack" B52'S

this is a common karaoke song when I actually have time to get out there. diggin' the video but for some reason it reminds me of that diner that Monica worked in on Friends that whenever someone played music on the jukebox they had to dance on the bar. And they were all in costume and all that. Love it.

Momentous day on all counts.

Gonna watch some more Charlie's Angels before I crash. Hopefully that will stop the pounding heart. Happens every year. I love playing softball with these people. They're fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment