I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Every Other Time

Quote of the Week
Superwoman: "She looks like a model! Are you wearing makeup?"
Me: "NO!!"
Girlscout: "Did you hear that NO? Sounds like she's offended!"
Me: "I just had this conversation with my sister! I already have enough skeezy guys staring at me, I don't need any more!"

So, everyone likes the red hair. Even Space Cadet approves. And Oldest Sister says she'll be seen in public with me now. I'd call it a victory.

What I won't call a victory was the game tonight. What was the final score anyway? I stopped watching after T-Mart threw his third interception. Were there more? Yeah, he's lost his magic. T-Mart it is. That Turner receiver was pretty good...for the few passes he was thrown. But that was before I left. Maybe he sucked later too. Will check the highlights later.

The weekend was fun. Smo was here last night and today so we jammed out. Watched Bridesmaids and looked through old yearbooks. You know what's sad? When you graduate in a class with 25 kids - biggest class in like school history - and you look through and say, "who the hell is that?" I mean, we didn't say that about people in our class but the other classes around us. Meaning they probably stuck around for like a semester and took off.

We did find it amusing because, as roommates, we got stuck with the most random people. We were the nice girls who would pretty much put up with anything and looking back we counted like 5 girls that had lived with us throughout the year but didn't last longer than a year. I tried counting all my roommates throughout my 4 years but lost it. Cause there were those 5. Frosh was Liz, Jess, Sylvia then Shel and Smo, then Amos moved in. Then sophomore it was Smo and me plus the 5 transfers. Junior it was Shel and Smo then Juwanna and me. And senior it was still Juwanna and me. So that puts it at what? Like 12? I'm like a serial roommate or something. But I made up for it in college with just the 1. Myers and me rocked it. Although she's not Myers anymore. I still call her that by accident, even on her wedding day. Now I add a pause and think before I yell across the room. Eh, Schwartz is still Schwartz, Kracke is still Kracke, Aaberg is still Aaberg. It's funny looking through our page and going, "married...engaged....kid....married and kid....married...engaged..."

I don't think that's inspiration enough for me to go out and find someone but eventually, once I figure out my own crap, perhaps that will be an option.

Feel like I have to sort out my own crap before I'll be able to deal with anyone else's. Does that make sense?

Today was 9-2, a little weird schedule-wise but Space Cadet and I pulled it off. Then ate with Smo, took Squirt to the booksale, went back to sister's to watch Thor then the game. Left mid 3rd quarter.

Think I'm gonna konk out soon. Tomorrow should be fun. Going to Squirt's volleyball game, Bubby's football game and then heading to G-Town to play a softball game. I'm wondering if they'll extend our season. That would be fantastic. But will be interesting with my schedule for the next few weeks.

Song of the weekend:

"Every Other Time" LFO

flashbacks. it was either this or Barbie Girl. be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I graduated with close to 800. Being a baby boomer we were the bump in the demographics.

    ReplyDelete